dracey

520xi series snow blower

dracey

Well apparently I jumped the gun and bought a 520xi without finding out how hard attachments are to find for them!!! Does anyone know of a good place to look or has anyone come up with a way to convert say my blower off my c165 to fit this? I know the pulleys are wrong and I need to find a bracket for the back according to wheel horse attachment info anyway,

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I don't think it is possible to convert it, they are 2 differant animals. Keep looking, xi attachments surface. The xi is a beast of a machine.

Many of us on here own them.

Glenn

• Like 1

RMCIII
6 hours ago, dracey said:

Well apparently I jumped the gun and bought a 520xi without finding out how hard attachments are to find for them!!! Does anyone know of a good place to look or has anyone come up with a way to convert say my blower off my c165 to fit this? I know the pulleys are wrong and I need to find a bracket for the back according to wheel horse attachment info anyway,

What Glenn said, but also keep an eye out for New Holland GT18, 20, 22's they are the same animal. Ask Glenn, he did a mix-n-match! 

• Like 1

RMCIII

I actually had luck with these guys a couple time for NOS supplies. At times they do have attachments. Costly if they do have them, but worth a try. 

http://www.newhavenpower.com/toro5XI...INDEX.html

doc724

Difficult time of year to be looking for a blower.  If you find one, price is going to be high.  Far better chance of finding one in the spring and summer.  You could try putting a "wanted" ad on RS classifieds.  You never know who has one hanging around.

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Don't get discouraged. It may take some time. And yes, they are specific to this series tractor. Like Rob said, also be on the lookout for NH GT attachments. Just be careful as NH used different manufacturers over the years for their GT tractors which won't fit. 

• Like 1

dracey

Ya I knew you couldn't just make a couple small changes and make it work, pulleys are on wrong side but I think that would be on of the easier parts of the swap. Rc I found newhaven this summer when I got my xi and they are cleared out. Doc I have been looking since July 😕. I seen one for 800 in my area but I was to slow on the phone. I love this tractor but I have a super long drive and its 45 bucks a plow. If I don't find something soon I will sell my xi and get a 520h and put my tall shoot on it. I suppose I could stop being lazy and just rebuild the c165 but the guy I got it from really did a hack job on this thing and it's really hard for my wife to use. I do heating and cooling so I'm not home much.

WNYPCRepair

It would be a very hard conversion. There is a giant pulley box that goes between the tractor and blower. I don't think it would be possible without a full fledged shop to convert a classic blower to an XI series blower. Maybe one for a D series, since it at least has the PTO pulley in the correct orientation, though I have never seen a D series blower, so I can't say.

On the other hand, it should be easy enough to swap for a 520. :) 

I might be interested if the deal were sweet enough. :)

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

I know it can be done on the 2stage as long as you basically had both versions check out "Toro wheel horse 520lxi clean up" by Chuck page 2 when he bought 2 of them this spring they came with a 2stage crafted/grafted from a classic and xi,Jeff.

• Like 1