Duramax7man7

Snowblower Lift Pole/ Flag WASHERS???

Duramax7man7

Does anyone use these washers and whats the main purpose of them. I think that they aid in adjustment of the lift height, slightly...

Any other purpose? Reason being is that I order some and went to go install them and it pushed the flag back to far even with just one of them on and doesn't allow me to place the pin in the lift bracket hole.

The lift flag came from a forum vender.

Ed Kennell

They may keep the flag from wearing a notch in the in the push pole, but the main function is to adjust the pole  length.   If you want to use one, grind 1/16" off the pole.

• Like 3

Duramax7man7

I know it was kind of silly question but it never hurts to ask. Yeah that's what I was thinking as the Poe didn't come with the snow blower. But it's been working fine without it. So maybe I will grind a hair off the pole anyhow to allow for a bushing type effect. Thanks. 

gwest_ca

At one time they had a issue with the snowthrower lift height.

It appears a 1/8" thick washer would change the height by 1/2"

Garry

• Like 2

Duramax7man7

So the snow blower should only raise up 5.5" when lifted.... 

Ed Kennell

:text-goodpost:      " Garry the Magnificent"    can find the answer to any question.     Carnac.jpg

• Like 2

Duramax7man7

He's an asset to the site! ;)

Fred Jimenez

I just had to make one myself since mine didn't fit the pole should come out to 44 3/4 inches long without the flag for the c series. If you have any questions just let me know and I'll be happy to give you some advise. Best of luck!

• Like 1

Duramax7man7

Thank you... I have a 1990 520h and the snow blower is a 06-42ST-05 and didn't come with a lift pole or flag but WHM1000 was kind enough to offer me one for a good price and it works. Just wasn't sure if the washers would make that much difference so I got three nd don't need any of them. Although I may grind off the end of the pole to fit one on for longevity purposes..