FatJackDurham

Will this deck fit a 1972 GT-14?

FatJackDurham

This deck is cheap and nearby where I live. Can anyone tell me if it can be made to work on a 1972 GT-14?

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/grd/5850978708.html

Sorry if posting the question like this is any violation. Please let me know.

Steve

Edited by FatJackDurham

gwest_ca

Here is the 48" deck sold in 1972 for the GT-14 and long frame tractors. The belt idler setup is different. The one for sale has an idler assembly that fits into the front quick hitch. I don't know if one can be added to the GT-14. They only show a 48" deck for the GT-14 so anything smaller may not clear the wheels.

Walt

Looking at that CL post I'm curious is the frame work the attaches to the lift lever missing? 

Aldon

If I am correct the one in the pic (add) is a 42 inch rear discharge. If so, then it will fit under the GT14 but you will need to install the more recent Mid and Front Attach-a-Matic brackets. As I have explained previously, you will need to attach the front attachment offset so your drivers side right wheel has more clearance. Also, as noted in the thread I started, you will need approximately 119 inch belt and will need to route your fuel line so that the belt does not cut it.

I know it is hard to pass up budget decks and implements. But keep in mind it can run 100+ per spindle to replace or rebuild them. You may want to take that into account regardless of which attachment style you choose to pursue.

Edited by Aldon

FatJackDurham

Thanks all!

Walt

Yesterday I said looking at the pictures it looked like it was missing  frame work that attaches to the lift lever this also would be part of assembly the hooks to tacamatic. Today since I needed to get into shed where I have my deck stored I grabbed my camera and snapped a couple of pictures to point out what appeared to be missing. Now the seller may still have this assembly but with out it I'm not sure how much of a hassle it would be to find the parts to buy or to fabricate.  

IMG_0859.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

cleat

His listing says he has the linkages but I would like to see them before purchasing.

I wonder why he took them off ?

Aldon

I should clarify my earlier post. If it is a 42 inch RD deck, then it is almost certain the deck came with newer style attach-a-matic hanger brackets. Thereby necessitating adding that style mid and front brackets to the tractor.

some pics of the one I installed. Since these pics, I have moved the front bracket over to the side around .5-.75 to the right.

this GT14 has manual PTO. I have similarly done the mod on my resto GT14/16 and have installed 60 inch deck.

IMG_1617.JPGIMG_1081.JPGIMG_1082.JPGIMG_1084.JPG

IMG_1557.JPG

IMG_1278.JPG

• Like 2