Sign in to follow this  
BMW1

WH D180 loader hydraulic pump location

BMW1

I want to restore the D180 in the picture below. 

Some of you that have D160s, D180s, or D200s post or send me pictures of where the hydraulic pump is or should be located on the tractor for a loader.  Also, any advice on a replacement pump would be appreciated.  It looks like the previous owner brazed a crack in the pump but it's leaking again.  All other functions on the loader seem to work OK.

On this tractor, the previous owner took the grill out, mounted the pump on the side of the grill frame, and is running it off the pulley that should be running the rear PTO.  See the photo below.  The loader is a Johnson Work Horse Model 10.  I would like to put the grill back in and put a pump in the correct location.  However, I've never seen another D-180 with a loader in person or any good pictures of where the pump is located.

Thanks for any pictures/comments.

right side.jpg

Hydraulic Pump for loader.jpg

• Like 5

JackC

It is located directly below the power take off pulley between the front wheels.

Ark 550 Loader cylinders.JPG

• Like 8

JackC

Here is another pic of the fixture that holds the pump. There is a screw and bolt at the bottom of the fixture to allow adjustment to put tension on the belt driven by the PTO on the front of the engine. Probably almost any small pump will work. I have seen the brand Cessna used in the Wheel Horse literature when talking about their hydraulic pumps. The system also has two quick connect fitting to disconnect the pump lines from the rest of the system so you can remove the loader without removing the pump.  The tension on the belt needs to be sufficient to drive the pump properly. My loader was not working properly until I tightened the PTO clutch in order to turn the pump sufficiently.

PB020054.JPG

Here is the PTO adjustment that needs to be correct to drive the pump:

PB270002.JPG

Edited by JackC
Add PTO adjustment pic.
  • Like 2

BMW1

Thanks.  This is very helpful!  Appreciate your time and pictures.

pfrederi

Some more pics from my D200 with FEL

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

IMG_0140.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

IMG_0142.JPG

• Like 1

BMW1

Thanks Paul!

Tim n

How do I bleed the hydraulic on my d180 I have tried everything and been trying for3 days now please can someone help

wallfish
32 minutes ago, Tim n said:

How do I bleed the hydraulic on my d180 I have tried everything and been trying for3 days now please can someone help

:WRS:

Are you referring to bleeding the air out of the FEL hydraulics?

• Like 1