cod

replacement electrical connector

cod

Have any of you had any luck finding a replacement electrical connector for Toro part 102651?  Apparently they are no longer carried by Toro and perhaps hen teeth are easier to find.

I suspect I might be able to take the connector to a local auto parts store and root through the connectors and see if one fits but any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Cod

gwest_ca

It is possible the 102651 has been replaced by 218-534.

https://www.partstree.com/parts/search/parts/?searchTerm=102651

Is this the female terminal that plugs onto the ignition switch spade terminals? Tang on the back that locks into the plastic holder?

That was used by GM for years so they have to be available. Packard 56 was the name.

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=packard+56+terminals&tbm=shop

Garry

This one?

Packard 56 female terminal.jpg

• Like 2

wallfish

Have no idea what that part # is but going by Gary's post of thinking it's the ignition switch connector, you can find one in this link.

Scroll down and you'll see a 5 pin connector for ignition switch

http://www.psep.biz/store/electrical_mower.htm

doc724

I think I bought them from Del City.  Do an online search for Packard Electric Series 56 or PED series 56.  You will find multiple vendors for both the terminals and the connectors.  I always keep several terminals on hand as well as a couple of the more common plastic connectors (ignition switches, ammeter, seat switches etc).  Garry said pretty much the same thing and he gave the URL's

cod

Thanks Gents!!!  I just placed and order with Del City for 10 and the fun begins!

On a minor side note, it's interesting to see where the responses came from as I grew up in Massachusetts near Natick and 3/4 of my ancestors were Canadian from the Maritime Provinces.

So thanks again and take it easy!

Cod

jay bee

I have purchased these at NAPA.  The female is part #725147 and the male is part #725145.  I paid 99 cents each for them.

Jim

pacer

In case you havent noticed this post is why this site is so d**n good!!! The links to helpful sites and the invaluable info are just GREAT!! AND-- these kind of posts are constantly popping up,

At one time I had used Del city but had forgotten the URL, and I was needing several items they carry --- so, voila here it is! I just finished an order of 8 items from them - YEAH!

cod

Just a quick follow up as the connectors from Del City were a perfect fit.  I went out last weekend and started removing the existing plugs from the plastic plug that holds them to the ignition switch.  I had initially thought that the existing connectors were trashed as they kept sliding off of the ignition switch and that I'd have to install the new connectors.  It turned out that what had really happened was that the small locking tab that holds the connector in the plug had flattened out on a couple of them so they could wiggle off over time.  I also found that the crimps that hold the wire to the connector was in great shape so I decided to re bend the locking tabs and replaced the plastic plug with a new one from Jack's Small Engines.  So far everything is working great and if any of find that your "beast" seems to have starting problems that cause you to jump across the solenoid, it might just be that the locking tab is no longer working as it should.

So much for the "quick" part...

Cod

Digger 66
On 12/7/2016 at 9:33 AM, pacer said:

In case you havent noticed this post is why this site is so d**n good!!! The links to helpful sites and the invaluable info are just GREAT!! AND-- these kind of posts are constantly popping up,

A M E N !

• Like 1

jay bee

:text-yeahthat:

Jim

rick

Just a BTW, the "open barrel" connectors shown take a particular type of crimping tool to do the best job. They are available from many sources, just check your search engine for open barrel crimpers. We use the simple crimpers available from NAPA (found in the electrical catalog) at work. They work satisfactorily, since they are not used daily.

A Word About Crimping Open Barrel Terminals.htm

• Like 1