Horsing tuff

Two stage snow blower pulleys

Horsing tuff

I just recently purchased this two stage snow blower for my 520h. I am not familiar with this blower because it's my first one. I took the side cover off to inspect the belts. I noticed that these 2 pulleys are riding on each other. Is this the way they are supposed to be?. If anyone could give advise that would be great. Also shouldn't the one pulley move for belt tension?

IMG_0868.PNG

wallfish

This pulley provides the tension and should move away from the other pulley when the belt is installed over the PTO

IMG_0868.thumb.PNG.581296a832d2e09fb6d81c262f965166.PNG.jpg

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

They do that until it's installed on tractor with belt on PTO drive, in such that you use a wrench on that lower idler pulley to pull it towards tractor to relax the tension on the the spring to hook up the belt then it retensions after getting it hooked up,Jeff.

IMAG2507.jpg

IMAG1707.jpg

IMAG1595.jpg

• Like 2

Horsing tuff

Thanks everyone. After I posted question and picture I figured it out. It just pulled hard but I have everything hooked up and running fine.  This is a new to me attachment so I'm learning. 

WVHillbilly520H

Good deal glad WE could help out an easy fix...

Horsing tuff

IMG_0895.JPG

I did a mild restoration on my 1991 520H. It's a decent old girl but I am finding a lot of little gremlins in this machine. It has wiring issues that is driving me knuts!!. It has no spark now. It has no power to the + side of the coil. So I ran a direct power wire to it and it runs fine. But I'm using the choke to kill the engine. So I'm lost. It also keeps blowing the 30amp fuse. So every time I need to use it I'm unsure if it will start or not. It's frustrating, but it is running for now.

anyone have any advise? I love this tractor and have a lot of time and $ in it, but can't really rely on it that much. It has 1,800 hours on it.

IMG_0896.JPG

1995 520H+96+97

Check the seat switch connector(blowing fuse=electical short). The terminals are longer(stick out of the connector) than the connector. :handgestures-thumbupright:

ti-jean

HI I AM LOOKING FOR BELT IDLER SPRING ANY IDEA TO MOD TO FIX THE RARE AVAILABLITY THANK

ALL SO HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR 2023

• Like 1