cschannuth

A Roller and a Worker

Terry M
1 hour ago, GMan said:

Terry,

Cool tractor! You did a nice job on it. Is that a new dash faceplate or a decal...................Whichever it is would you mind sharing your source?

Gary

get it and others at    redoyourhorse.com 

cschannuth
8 hours ago, Terry M said:

Nice Job on the 606!!    Just in case you hadn't seen it before on RS, thought I'd show you pics of my 606 I restored.   Repowered it with a nice rebuilt Kohler k161.     Just need to figure our how to thread the exhaust nipple on the engine so I can install a muffler on it...

IMG_0958.JPGIMG_0956.JPGIMG_0720.JPGIMG_0727.JPGIMG_0730.JPGIMG_0729.JPG

Terry,

That is beautiful.  That is my goal for my 606 someday.  For now we're going to use it as is.

Craig

cschannuth

I had some time off over the holidays so I worked on the 606 a little. It was really light all the way around and almost impossible to keep the front on the ground so I loaded the rear tires and and bolted together a front bumper/weight hanger out of some scrap angle I had. I had an old weight I used on my 520 that fit the bill. To stay with the original paint/mild rat rod theme I decided to hit it with matte clear instead of painting it. The tractor definitely feels more planted.  

Other than reworking the seat   I think I'm done. Although I may try to figure out a way to hang the generator on it. It uses almost no fuel compared to the 161 and the 314. 

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

• Like 6

T-Mo

Looks great.  I like the finish of the paint, or lack thereof.  Nice job.

• Like 1

cschannuth
28 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

Looks great.  I like the finish of the paint, or lack thereof.  Nice job.

Thanks. It's a fun little tractor and it's the only one I have without nice paint so I can really enjoy using it. 

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

Craig, great job on the front weight hanger (wonder what inspired you there :think: also got something else waiting for you when you're ready), looks good on the 606, Jeff.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 1

cschannuth

By the way, the beautiful stack muffler/pipe was hand crafted by Jim Kemp of this great forum.  I loved the raw look of his great work so I tried some high temp clear as a coating.  Even though I slowly cured it over a few days it still started to turn dark.  I thought about painting over it but I really like the dark muffler so I'll probably leave it as is.  I highly recommend jimkemp if you need a stack.  It sounds great, it's reasonably priced, he will customize it, and it is really great quality.

• Like 7

T-Mo
10 hours ago, cschannuth said:

By the way, the beautiful stack muffler/pipe was hand crafted by Jim Kemp of this great forum.  I loved the raw look of his great work so I tried some high temp clear as a coating.  Even though I slowly cured it over a few days it still started to turn dark.  I thought about painting over it but I really like the dark muffler so I'll probably leave it as is.  I highly recommend jimkemp if you need a stack.  It sounds great, it's reasonably priced, he will customize it, and it is really great quality.

I have been thinking about buying of of those stacks for my 702.

• Like 1

cschannuth

9 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

I have been thinking about buying of of those stacks for my 702.

I don't think you will be disappointed. It is built like a tank and has a nice sound. 

Edited by cschannuth
  • Like 2

rjg854

I couldn't agree more, I have one on my 854 love the sound and the look, look at my profile picture

• Like 3

cschannuth

I showed this to my kids and my oldest son said I belong in a tree. I asked him why he said that and he said it was because I was a nut. I guess he's right.

Once I got it in my head that I could make that generator fit on that 606 I had to give it a try. I turned around an attachamatic I had laying around and added some angle iron hooks on the front weight bracket and it lined up pretty well.  The belt is too short but it worked ok so I tried it out. It pulled a shop vac and my grinder without too much trouble. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by cschannuth
  • Like 1

dclarke

Looks like it sits on there pretty well, Craig. Nice job!  

• Like 1

cschannuth

I still need to align the pulleys and get the correct belt but I think it'll work if needed. I'm a little concerned about the weight on the motor shaft but I can limit that with a block between the generator plate and the generator frame. 

WVHillbilly520H

Way to go Craig, thinking outside the box, maybe just an idler pulley/spring tension set-up(like the snow blower) would be enough to keep the generator motor going set in a stationary position without too much stress on the engine crankshaft?,Jeff.

• Like 1

oldredrider

I might suggest you use a snow blower lift tube to adjust and hold the generator in position to reduce stress on the engine pulley. 

• Like 1

bmsgaffer
On 12/30/2016 at 10:00 AM, Ranger13148 said:

I couldn't agree more, I have one on my 854 love the sound and the look, look at my profile picture

Do you happen to have a video of it? I am hoping to get some idea of what it sounds like. A picture if you have it as well! 

• Like 1

cschannuth
37 minutes ago, bmsgaffer said:

Do you happen to have a video of it? I am hoping to get some idea of what it sounds like. A picture if you have it as well! 

There are several pics above and hopefully the video below works. It's not loud but it sounds really good. 

IMG_3971.MOV

bmsgaffer

Awesome, thank you. Not too loud is exactly what I am looking for, I like them quieter. 

• Like 1

cschannuth
1 minute ago, bmsgaffer said:

Awesome, thank you. Not too loud is exactly what I am looking for, I like them quieter. 

I think this will be just what you're looking for.