boesabot

mule drive v-pulley

boesabot

I was working on removing the v pulley and dropped it on the concrete and it cracked advice on whether I should attempt to reweld or try to find a replacement. Ive been having a tough time trying to locate a original replacement P/N 101763 I may place a wanted add in classifieds parts are scarce in the MS area I currently live in.

Walt

:WRS:  I have read threads here were people have drilled the spot welds to separate the 2 halves of pulleys for replacing the bearing. So this being said if the bearing is good you could drill out the failed spot weld clap two halves tight and weld it I would think it should work just fine. Or since you have it drilled out use small bolts instead of welding for easy separating in future to replace the bearing.

boesabot

where it dropped it broke 1/4 of one side of the pulley. I found one that I ordered that might work will know in a few days thanks for the help

obone

So have you had time yet to find out if it worked? If so where did you get the new part from?

boesabot

Yes I have it it is the 92-7103 P/N I bought it from ebay for $16 it is not cast like the original but will work fine after its painted red I suppose