tallen4392

1257 plow fitment

tallen4392

Hi everyone  i have a chance to buy a 1257 that i would like to put a plow blade on does anyone happen to know what would fit would a plow from a 300 series  or c series fit ?  Also would it be hard to find the bracket for the back of the tractor ???? Thanks again for all the info you guys provide

WHX??

Should not be real hard to find the plow or the rear bracket. A plow from any long frame should be able to be fitted up.

stevasaurus

Check out this thread..  @T-Mo was going to do some checking on this, but has not come back as yet.  The bracket may make a difference in being able to attach your blade.  You do need a long frame blade as @WHX9 said, and you should be able to fit any 300 or "C" series.  I would go into the "Manuals" section and take a look at the "attachment" chart for the 1257 and see if it is the same part number for any "C" series horse.  The difference is...the older style attaches on the out side of the blade frame...the newer style attaches on the inside of the blade frame.  One that attaches on the inside of the frame may not work for you as the brake Drum Band may be in the way for locking in the blade frame.  :)   If that is the case, I have seen some long frame blades that the 3/4" bar does not stick out enough to catch the older style correctly.  You may have to cut out the bar to put in a longer one.  I can put pictures up if you need them.

• Like 1

tallen4392

Thanks i guess i will have to do some digging before i buy it ......

tallen4392

Thanks i guess i will have to do some digging before i buy it ...... if you could post some pics that would be great i just dont want to buy this tractor if it is going to be hard to find the right parts to put a plow on it  300 series plow frames are for sale  all over   thanks for the help

stevasaurus

I took some pictures today...I am not sure they are going to help yet...as I am not really sure about all this myself.  All I really know is that Wheel Horse made a couple of different brackets...they made them for a reason (the 1st ones were not working for the newer horses).  Here is the pics I took...maybe @T-Mo messed around with some of this.

1st pic is the standard "A" frame...you can't see the whole "A" frame, but you can see that the channel is not parallel and that the attachment bar is sticking out on both sides.

DSCF8613.JPG

This is for the short frame horses.  The outside of the channel measures about 14 1/2".  The bracket for this type of blade attaches on the outside of the channel.

These next pictures show a long frame blade.  This one has the capability to remove the bar and place it in the set of holes 6" shorter for a short frame horse...and this is what I am not sure about...the bar on this sticks out past the channel so that either bracket may work....but this bracket (next picture) will not work on like a 702 with the frame I am showing.

DSCF8616.JPG

It fits on the short frame blade (in this picture).

DSCF8617.JPG

DSCF8618.JPG

But is does not work with the long frame blade in the short frame holes...metal from the bracket is in the way.  Maybe @gwest_ca can shed some light on this with the manuals and bracket part numbers.  I have a feeling there are more then the 2 brackets I am talking about.  I just do not have all the different kinds of horses to see what is going on.  If nothing else, I have given you an idea of what to look for.  Look for @T-Mo to maybe help out here, but he may be in the same boat I am...not enough horses and brackets to be able to give you a good answer...just an idea of what to look for.  Hope that helps  

DSCF8614.JPG

DSCF8615.JPG

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

T-Mo

I haven't had the time yet to trial fit the newer bracket onto my 702 yet.  Hopefully this weekend.  I should had time last week since I was off work, but other priorities got in the way.

• Like 1

T-Mo

The newer style axle bracket fits okay on my 702.  The angle lever mount on the blade just barely misses the right foot rest though on the newer style long frame blade.  Also, I have to figure out how the lift thingy connects and where on the short frame tractors.

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0403.JPG

• Like 1

tallen4392

Thanks so much for all the pics and info 

• Like 2