dclarke

"93 520 project

WHX??

I told you if you weren't careful Denny  you were going to end up with a nice tractor! Sorry MN boys...he's closer to WI....I'll  come get it!:)

• Like 4

Sarge

It should stay in Illinois , folks - it can come here if it wants to...

Sarge

• Like 2

Fun Engineer

That turned out really nice Denny. Hope you get some snow to use it on. 

Are those Carlisle Turf Masters?  I'm thinking of the same tire (23x10.5x12) for my GT 1848. What size are on the front? Mine currently has 16x6.5x8. 

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Argent looks really great Denny...

no clear over mine here.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

Like that new seat too...

share the link please?   :text-thankyoublue:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

dclarke
1 hour ago, Fun Engineer said:

That turned out really nice Denny. Hope you get some snow to use it on. 

Are those Carlisle Turf Masters?  I'm thinking of the same tire (23x10.5x12) for my GT 1848. What size are on the front? Mine currently has 16x6.5x8. 

They are Turf Masters, Dave. 7.50's on the front, I put these tires on my C160 a while back and like them. 

1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

Argent looks really great Denny...

no clear over mine here.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

Like that new seat too...

share the link please?   :text-thankyoublue:

Thanks, Craig.... The seat is a K&M 123 Unipro, I got it from Turfseats.com. I saw one on Bob Maynard's 416 and liked the way it looks on this series tractor, plus it has the correct bolt pattern to mount it. 

• Like 2

Sarge

Using Firefox , I can just click a link in another tab , select "copy" , come back here and use "Ctrl+V" (paste shortcut on nearly all pc's ) and directly insert the link into the text . There is also a little link attachment button at the top of the reply window pane - just paste the link in the pop-up window and it will insert it into your text box .

Sarge

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: LOL

Yeah, but...

you gotta know how to highlight it first.

• Like 1

dclarke
9 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes: LOL

Yeah, but...

you gotta know how to highlight it first.

I'm working on it, Craig. lol

• Like 1

wrightorchid

Looks beautiful.  I wish I could drop off my 520 and have it look as good as yours.  You make things like 'replaced wiring', "replaced bearings in tranny" and such seem like such simple, and trivial tasks, when we all know they take lots of time to do properly.  Maybe when I retire in 20+  years, I'll be able to have mine looking this good.  Thanks for so many pictures of the progression, it give me some hope.

• Like 3

dclarke
2 hours ago, Sarge said:

Using Firefox , I can just click a link in another tab , select "copy" , come back here and use "Ctrl+V" (paste shortcut on nearly all pc's ) and directly insert the link into the text . There is also a little link attachment button at the top of the reply window pane - just paste the link in the pop-up window and it will insert it into your text box .

Sarge

Thanks, Sarge

dclarke
1 hour ago, wrightorchid said:

Looks beautiful.  I wish I could drop off my 520 and have it look as good as yours.  You make things like 'replaced wiring', "replaced bearings in tranny" and such seem like such simple, and trivial tasks, when we all know they take lots of time to do properly.  Maybe when I retire in 20+  years, I'll be able to have mine looking this good.  Thanks for so many pictures of the progression, it give me some hope.

Thanks.... There's a little more to these "newer" horses than the older ones I'm used to working on but I enjoyed this refurb. As usual, I always get lots of help from the guys here if I have a question or a problem. What a great forum!!

• Like 5

obone

It's a toss up between being inspired and jealous of the skills of guys like you. I hope and train that one day (hopefully before "if" I retire) to have skills and a shop like yours. That beast looks like you just picked it up from the factory. 

• Like 3

dclarke
4 hours ago, obone said:

It's a toss up between being inspired and jealous of the skills of guys like you. I hope and train that one day (hopefully before "if" I retire) to have skills and a shop like yours. That beast looks like you just picked it up from the factory. 

Thanks... It looks nicer in the pics than it really is, I'd call it a 30 footer but still a nice worker. 

• Like 1

T-Mo

Denny,

It looks awesome.  You did a great job on it.

• Like 1

WHX??

Age old problem with the throttle.. couple of spring washers in there doesn't hurt either. I never had any luck with the rattle can clear coat but I think I was impatient and not letting the base coat dry enough!

Looking good tho :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

WHX??
8 minutes ago, dclarke said:

might have to stick a deck under it this spring so I can get some seat time.

Might have to put a tub behind it and take it to town for groceries or take the missus on a date!  :ychain: You really did a bang up job on it! May I be so bold as to suggest some hub caps?!?!?

Put a steering wheel spinner on it and you will love it more Denny, really brings that steering alive. ... Glen Petit has got some nice ones.

Edited by WHX9
  • Like 1

cschannuth

Looks great, as always, Denny.

• Like 1

dclarke
2 minutes ago, WHX9 said:

Might have to put a tub behind it and take it to town for groceries or take the missus on a date!  :ychain: You really did a bang up job on it!

Put a steering wheel spinner on it and you will love it more Denny... Glen Petit has got some nice ones.

Jim, I've got a couple grandsons that'll be 2 and 4 this year and a nice tub cart in the shed. I'm sure we'll be cruising around once the weather warms up..... I've thought about the spinner knobs, might have to do that. Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, cschannuth said:

Looks great, as always, Denny.

Thanks, Craig. 

• Like 1

WHX??

Nothing like tub rides on a 520! Mine with their Dad! @Rp.wh

20161008_175316.jpg

Edited by WHX9
  • Like 6

HorseFixer

Turned out great Denny! :bow-blue: Been there done that! Its REWARDING RESURRECTING THEM FROM THE PITS OF HELL!  :text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

JPWH

Very nice Denny. Looks like new.

Jay

• Like 1