Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Seats

Sparky

Has anyone bought a hi-back seat from Northern tool? I like item# 174993 but it doesnt mention the bolt pattern. I know a WH is 7" x7.5". With shipping its about a $61 seat and seems to be the best deal I could find on the internet. I dont like low back seats even tho their cheaper.

Mike.....with a ripped-up-hi-mileage-seat on more than one tractor!!

www.northerntool.com

nylyon

That one sure looks nicer than the what TSC has, and a pretty good price too.

Rollerman

Did not check the link for "Northern Tool" & yes the stuff at TSC is pricey.

Iv'e had good luck with a store called Rural King.

Have good selection & much more affordable than TSC.

Not sure if they have stores out east though?

Stephen in northern IN

Sparky

Well the big Wheel Horse group on Yahoo gave me conflicting info on this seat and if it would bolt right up or not so I have sent Northern an e-mail asking for the bolt pattern. I'll let ya know what I get for an answer from Northern.

Mike...... :D head spinnin with input...

nylyon

I saw that, personally I hope that the first seat fits, it looks a lot more comfortable than the second recommendation.

Sparky

Well according to Northern Tools "Tech Support" the seat I want does indeed have the correct bolt pattern for a Wheel Horse. So I ordered it and I'll let you know if it fits when it gets here in 5-8 days.

Mike...checkin the mailbox daily now...

nylyon

I'm looking forward to hearing how that works out for you, I really want to get something a little more comfortable for the 414 that one doesn't have enough cushion for me. Now if they had a heated leather option ummmmm.

nylyon

Sparky's old seat:

seat002.jpg

And the new one

seat001.jpg

Man that looks sweet! How does it feel?

Sparky

The seat is good looking and was a perfect fit but, for you guys who want a soft seat...DONT buy this one. It is comfy and has great back support but is kinda hard. Its on the tractor my son uses to mow and plow so he wont mind.

Mike....

nylyon

It just looks like it should be soft shame it isn't, it's great looking.

nylyon

So these seats are a lot nicer? Do you know the Toro part number of this one, it's not as nice looking but you say it's softer?

ToroSeat001.jpg

ToroSeat002.jpg

Sparky

The only tag is the one on the bottom which reads :Michigan Seat co. Manufacture Date.2-20-06. The only # is 20756943-C but I dont know if its a part # or not. Obviously it was made for Toro as their logo is on it. I went to Toro's web site and the only tractor they show with this seat is the 5xi series so if we had a model for one of these tractors we could come up with a part # and see what Toro gets for em.

Mike...playin detective...

nylyon

So I looked up a 2004 520xi model number 73542 ans the seat is part number 94-3518 and it has a price of $190.42. That's got to be one hell of a seat!

Sparky

HOLY CRAP :D !! Please excuse my tone but I just figured out a part # for that Toro seat and I was able to get a price....are you ready...are you sitting down...$178.30.....EACH. Man I should bought 2 seats at $67 each delivered.

The 5xi tractor is model # 73561. The assembly drawing show the seat as part # 94-3518. I then went to RCPW's website and thats the price!!

Mike ...with sticker shock...

Sparky

Sorry Karl I was postin my info as your musta been coming in.

Mike

nylyon

Milaca is a little more expensive. Yep, should have bought 2 of em, but I didn't see them having any more....

Sparky

I'm scared to use it now......great.

Mike...

nylyon

Nah, you just got a great deal! A lot of money to rest your.... well you get the idea.

Sparky

Where did you get a price of $190. I went to RCPW's site and it was $12 less.

Mike

nylyon

I usually use this site http://www.milacalawn.com/parts.asp I can look up and get a general idea what to expect from my dealer when I go to buy my parts.

Curmudgeon

Just a touch of advice. Be careful if just asking, "Does the bolt pattern fit a Wheel Horse".

I replaced the seat on my 416-8 with a better, aftermarket one. Then, when I was building C-Horse, I thought, cool, I have a spare seat, the one I took off the 416. Now C-Horse's fenders are from a Commando 800. Wheel Horse. Guess what. The bolt patterns are different. I had to drill new holes in the fender pan.

The only safe way is, measure your bolt spacings on the tractor AND on the seat in question.

Dale, in Michigan

Sparky

Yer right about that. I actually just asked for the bolt pattern and never mentioned what I would be using it on. Seems strange not to give the bolt pattern in the ad :D .

Mike....

nylyon

Going to TSC this weekend to get some paint and fasteners. While I am there I am thinking of picking up a seat. this one. I'll have to measure the bolt holes 7x7.5 for the C-160 right? Does anyone know if this seat will fit?

My plan is to get this one for the 160 until I can find an OEM one in nice condition then use the TSC seat on the 414-8 if it will fit? I know that Dale didn't have a good experience with this.

Anyway, any input is appreciated.

CHARGER9AUTO

Has anyone bought a hi-back seat from Northern tool? I like item# 174993 but it doesnt mention the bolt pattern. I know a WH is 7" x7.5". With shipping its about a $61 seat and seems to be the best deal I could find on the internet. I dont like low back seats even tho their cheaper.

Mike.....with a ripped-up-hi-mileage-seat on more than one tractor!!

www.northerntool.com

Mike, I took off the low back seat on my '73 8 HP 4-Speed and put a C-Series seat off another '71 Raider 10 parts tractor painted it Black and added seat springs with bolt - on adjustable back rest . it's not original but it works . Ben

Curmudgeon

Actually Karl, the TSC seat I got bolted right on to my 416, it's a Wheel Horse seat that didn't fit my Wheel Horse. LOL

I did get a different seat than you're looking at though, and hard telling about how the bolt pattern compares between a C-160 and a 416.