Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Seats

Jim_M

Going to TSC this weekend to get some paint and fasteners. While I am there I am thinking of picking up a seat. this one. I'll have to measure the bolt holes 7x7.5 for the C-160 right? Does anyone know if this seat will fit?

My plan is to get this one for the 160 until I can find an OEM one in nice condition then use the TSC seat on the 414-8 if it will fit? I know that Dale didn't have a good experience with this.

Anyway, any input is appreciated.

Karl,

I bought that seat for one of my D's. It has multiple bolt patterns and fit right on the D-160. I would measure the pattern for you, but it's at the farm 20 miles from here and you'll be going to TSC before I go out there. I'm betting it will fit though, there are plenty of bolt holes to choose from.

Jim

T-Mo

The C-125 I got from Stephen had a real nice aftermarket seat he got from Rural King (I believe). He paid only $30 for it and it's very comfortable. I like it so much I might get one for my C-141.

TT

I grab any cheap seats I can find that are in good condition -- even the ones off of junker MTD's etc.

I just pull the edging and the cushion, and redrill the pan for the WH pattern and weld nuts on the inside. Reinstall the seat cover and the "conversion" is done.

This seat on my B-80 is actually off of a Simplicity RER!

051308023.jpg

glenn27

So these seats are a lot nicer? Do you know the Toro part number of this one, it's not as nice looking but you say it's softer?

ToroSeat001.jpg

ToroSeat002.jpg

Karl--I picked up that same seat a few weeks ago @ my local Toro dealer--they had replaced a bunch in a factory offered up=grade....I paid $20 for it--since it wasn't even in their system..Did have to de-drill the spring holes--but later this summer--I'm going to put a later style seat mount that flips up--with some added springs under it..

here you are..

Attached Image

post-9-1210935330.jpg

glenn27

And re-drilling the holes, with new3 bolts--30 mins. total time.. :whistle:

Attached Image

post-9-1210935430.jpg