dirtnap

79362 snowthrower part ?

dirtnap

Today I got a chance to put my new to me snowthrower on my 'horse today.  The stud on the lift flag had worn almost half-way through so I ground off the weld on the back side and happened to have an exact match that I welded on.  Everything else went smoothly and all the bearings seem real tight except for the bottom sprocket pictured here.  It's got a fair amount of play in it.  I have the manual but not a part diagram.  Is it part 93-1614?

Are these sprockets still available online? How about the chains?

sprocket2.jpg

Edited by dirtnap

Walt

Believe the sprocket is available as for chain it is cheaper to go to TSC or motion industries over ordering from TORO. In a 10' box of #40 chain you will get enough to replace it twice for for around half the cost. 

• Like 3

Eric C

Yes. The sprockets are pn 93-1614. I just ordered 2  yesterday from mowpart.com.

• Like 1

dirtnap

Thanks for that information! 

I love this forum:wh:

Lagersolut

For the chain,  some guys drill the rivets and knock them out with a punch ....I used it as an excuse to add another tool to the box ....got mine on the bay for a little over 20 bucks made in the USA works like a charm.

mh1nF7zvpfRgxgsV2BwWx6A.jpg

• Like 2

lynnmor

Two words: chain lube. Lube

Walt
7 hours ago, Lagersolut said:

For the chain,  some guys drill the rivets and knock them out with a punch ....I used it as an excuse to add another tool to the box ....got mine on the bay for a little over 20 bucks made in the USA works like a charm.

mh1nF7zvpfRgxgsV2BwWx6A.jpg

When I installed the new chain on the one I converted this year my grand daughter was over working in garage with me. First I took old one and showed her how to grind the pinged part of pin flush then use punch to separate links. Even let her do it that way one time so she had the experience. Then I said that's the hard way if you don't own a chain breaker tool, showed her how to use it when I cut my new chain to length and let her cut old chain a few times to get the feel of using it. 

• Like 1

Sarge

Great tool to have in the arsenal - and nice to see new generations learning how to work on mechanical things , not just electronic junk .

Sarge