chris sutton

New sign for the stable door

Pollack Pete

Nice sign............true.........how true.

Dirtdog524

Every Wheel Horse I own has its own attachment assigned to it. You can't have just one

• Like 2

Sarge

We need to collectively band together and figure out how to explain this line of thinking to our spouses - I'm tired of trying to hide things that weigh in excess of 800lbs...lol .

Sarge

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

very true indeed, cool sign.

Glenn

TDF5G

That's certainly true!

:text-goodpost:

gregg'shorses

I'm tired of trying to hide things that weigh in excess of 800lbs...lol .   Yes that is true - if they were smaller you could just cover them with a dish towel . She will never look . :happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 3

Dirtdog524

My wife has caught on to that way of thinking. I caught her out in the garage counting my tractors. 

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

My wife has finally realized it's hopeless and just gave up lol...she didn't even say anything the other night when I pulled in the driveway with my latest tractor acquisition (well, besides its the wrong color :teasing-blahyellow:). I do think she is ready to get moved into our new place so they will all be in the shed instead of lined up along the fence in the backyard though lol

• Like 1

chris sutton
18 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

My wife has finally realized it's hopeless and just gave up lol...she didn't even say anything the other night when I pulled in the driveway with my latest tractor acquisition (well, besides its the wrong color :teasing-blahyellow:). I do think she is ready to get moved into our new place so they will all be in the shed instead of lined up along the fence in the backyard though lol

I tried to hide some of mine in the long grass, but it didn't work.

overflow.jpg

• Like 3

WheelHorseNut

Haha -- We had a discussion on Thanksgiving about this... My wife said to the family, next thing you know we're going to have them in the backyard under tarps -- we're not going to be that family in the neighborhood.

I was like, yeah, I know...I'm not getting any more until we have room...

I guess she hasn't been in the backyard recently!!!  There is one right behind the house ( can't see it from the inside as I aligned it with the chimney) under a tarp as we speak.

I'll only get away with that until spring... lol

• Like 2

TDF5G
7 minutes ago, chris sutton said:

Hide what? :ph34r:

• Like 2

Sarge

The day the D came home was what really did it - size does matter I guess...

She's asked several times when I'm going to sell it , I just reply " want to see how it works out , then I'll decide " . I think she's figured out it's here to stay once it actually fit in the shed and didn't go through the floor , although the floor did complain a bit since the 1277 is already sitting in there all weighted up for dirt/rock work . Between the two it's an easy 2500lbs of iron , plus quite a few other things and attachments - just waiting to hear that nasty crack from the floor joists...

Been hunting for the last week to find a serious industrial drill press that can handle the heavier work and not start wobbling around in the shaft or tearing out bearings - she knows that's a sign of more tooling/parts coming as well , been together almost 30yrs now so she's got me figured out . During that search I found a pair of C series pretty reasonable and one is another C-160....that would be pushing my luck a bit too far .

Sarge

• Like 2

ACman
On 11/29/2016 at 3:46 PM, chris sutton said:

overflow.jpg

Maybe try some camouflage netting over the tarps...put them up against the barn next to your rain barrels . Make them look like a bush  :ph34r: 

• Like 1