Sign in to follow this  
Upper Canada

What is this for? Suburban Question

Upper Canada

I have a 1960 Suburban and on the right foot rest side there is this lever that I have no idea what it's for?  

And why why do my pics post sideways when I post with my iPhone?:think:

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0113.JPG

wallfish

That's an engagement pedal for a CBR-32 sickle bar.

Part #4

cbr.jpg

• Like 3

Upper Canada

Thanks Wallfish. I don't know if I should hold onto it or sell it. I didn't get the sickle mower with it but I know the previous owner had one for it but unfortunately it had been sent to scrap before I bought it. 

• Sad 1

wallfish

So over the years I had mine, every once in a while someone would be missing those engagement parts. I sent them out a few times to people so they could reproduce them.

People are looking for that piece but it may just be a matter of time before it sells but you never know, it could also sell the day you post it too.

Upper Canada

What would be a rough estimate of the value of this pedal?  If I sell it I would sell it here before eBay.  I would want to sell it at a fair price and not rip off any Redsquare members. 

CasualObserver

Pure opinion here, but I'd say $20+ shipping or maybe $25 shipped. That's what I would have considered paying not to have to bother with making one when mine was missing. I did end up getting the original for free when it was found.

Jennifer
On 11/24/2016 at 6:43 PM, Upper Canada said:

I have a 1960 Suburban and on the right foot rest side there is this lever that I have no idea what it's for?  

And why why do my pics post sideways when I post with my iPhone?:think:

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0113.JPG

I realize this is a very old post but I just got a CBR-32 and that is what I am missing!  Have you sold your yet?  If not would you consider?  This is my new tractor and sickle thanks to @dw753. Great guy to deal with.  

630DE353-61D7-44B7-98CD-AC6485899261.jpeg

87A2AC55-54E1-4C3D-9F22-B28FA7D617AD.jpeg

@Upper Canada

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1