Jasonc

Need help

Jasonc

I recently bought his little wheelhorse tractor off of a guy and he didn't have a clue about what model it is. I've been staring at and comparing pictures online for several days and I've not concluded exactly which model it is. The model tag is gone off of it but the serial number is 46567. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

IMG_2743.PNG

IMG_2744.PNG

Edited by Jasonc
  • Like 7

TDF5G

:wwp:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:

:WRS:

Jasonc

Sorry I thought they uploaded when I put the post. Sorry 

stevasaurus

I believe you have a 1964 there.  An 8 hsp Kohler would make it an 854.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

CasualObserver

I disagree. It's a 63 model.  The 604/654/704 used the full hood that covered the fuel tank, and the 854 used the black/chrome dash decal.

Making it a 633/653/753 depending on the original engine.  Serial numbers won't help you, They're not published anywhere.

• Like 6

AMC RULES

IMG_1656.JPG:think:  If it helps...serial # on this 653 is 38885. :confusion-shrug:

:greetings-wavingyellow:Click, then scroll down to see Gary's collection of '63 #'s here...

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 4

Terry M

Hard to tell...But with what looks like the absence of a top mounted belt guard to engine tab and starter generator cover, I leaning towards a Tecumseh powered unit..

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I originally called it a 1963 like Jason is saying, but when I was looking at the serial numbers that Garry has listed in the "Manuals" section the 46567 lined up with the 854.  It's got the star wheel for adjusting the lift lever so it is either a 63 or 64.  More and better pictures would help.  :)

Something does not look right with that belt guard or the engine.  I don't see an indent square in the guard...both the 1963 and 1964 appears to have that.  Could be the picture, I think it has a different guard and the horse has been repainted.  Nice looking round hood though.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  I have to look at the dash plaque thingy...Jason is pretty sharp.

Edit to say I just looked at the 854 dash plates...it is a 1963 above...like Jason said.  :banana-linedance:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 2

Racinbob

I would have to agree on a 1963 based on the dash but with a 1964 steering wheel. :)

• Like 1

Terry M
58 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

More and better pictures would help. 

I agree, Steve.    I'm thinking though with the lower quality of the pics, the indent "could" be there.....you just maybe can't see it.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@Jasonc :WRS:

Nice tractor!

Jasonc

Hey guys. I'm appreciating all the help on this! I can tell you it has the Briggs and Stratton motor on it. I don't know if that is the original motor that came on it or not. It's at my work shop right now and I've got it tore apart trying to fix the shift lever. It does not seem to want to shift right at the moment but I think I've about got that fixed. When I get it all back together I will take some more pictures of it. Is there any tell tell signs about it that I can look at and tell you guys that will make it easier to tell me what model for sure it is??

• Like 1

JimD

The Briggs engine would not be original to this tractor. I'm leaning towards a 753.

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I don't think the seat is right.....

Btw, welcome aboard. Nice little horse.        :wh:                  :text-welcomeconfetti:

Glenn

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

Lots of things can happen in 50 plus years!!!! 

Randy

• Like 3

jackhammer

You guys never cease to amaze me with your knowledge on these older tractors

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:  Cool :wh: yard art.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

oliver2-44

Nice Tractor

You guys are amazing spotting all the little details.

@ T-Mo-(Moderator) that tractor looks like something I would buy!

• Like 1

Racinbob

Another thing to look at is the 63's had a key switch and push button starter. The 64's had a key ignition switch. It looks like yours had a push button but it was probably removed when the Briggs went in. A lot of things get changed in 50+ years. Again, I think a 63 with a 64 steering wheel and a few other changes.:)

• Like 1

clueless
40 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

Can anyone tell what model this one is?  It's been sitting for awhile and appears to sunk in the ground a bit. :laughing-rofl: 

2016-09-17 11.02.42.jpg

Now that funny right there, I don't care who you are.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I especially like the shifter ball showing in the grass.  T-Mo's horse is the 1964...604, 654, with the #5046 transmission.  I'm going to rule out the 704...nobody would do that to a Kohler engine.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus

TDF5G

What does the for sale sign say?  I can't make it out.

Dan Hankins

Been sitting awhile but should start 400$

• Like 1