Sign in to follow this  
whlpny

Steering tip for Plowing snow!

wheelhorse101

adding liquid to the tires is an awesome idea my friend does it on his pulling tractor and his 26x12x12 tires he get about 115 to 120 lbs a peice and alot better traction

whlpny

I had the chance this afternoon to size up the chains and fit them onto the tires. Since we are in the middle of getting a good amount of snow I was able to go out and give them a test drive. I haven't plowed in a few days so the drive had about 4 inches of harder snow under the fluffy stuff. The chains worked great! I have the 54 in plow on the C-120 and it stayed planted right where I put it everytime. Last time I used this plow was on my 418 and it pushed that tractor all over the place when angle plowing.This was a great $20 investment- wish I could say that everytime I dropped 20 bucks!

66horse

I was just trying to think of a way I could get the front to steer better yesterday while i was on a slight offcamber, plow at angle. Im definately going to try this.

I have quite a few chains from quads/motorcycles. For some reason everytime i replaced a chain on one of the bikes, I kept the old one. Guess this is one of those reasons :hide: Ive been tossing them lately, but im pretty sure i still have at least 5 or 6 chains. Id like to keep a cpl to try this but id be willing to give a cpl away if anyone needs, just cover the shipping from OH.

Electro12WH

You might be able to use twist link chain, too. If that's any cheaper.