raider9

Commando 6

raider9

Bought a Commando 6 with a snow blower and wheel weights for $250. It was in bad shape and kind of mangled up, so I'm just rat rodding it out. I had a spare Tecumseh HH100 sitting on the shelf and that's also what came on the tractor I bought, so I'm taking the two and making one that runs. It's not going to be original but it sure is fun. The picture is after I completed a lot of work. Thinking about keeping it as my winter set up when I'm done with it.

KIMG0047.jpeg

• Like 8

Duramax7man7

Nice! Looks like a decent little horse! Any side photos or before photos?

oliver2-44

Looks good! Put it to work.

raider9

I didn't think to take before pictures. I guess I just get too excited to get to work.  I've only had it for 2 weeks now and it's almost ready to role. I love making them run again. Anyway, I'll snap some pictures when I get home and post them. I had to buy a fuel pump and carb rebuild kit and then I'll have to figure out how to make a 10HP engine pulley line up on a 6 HP tractor.

• Like 1

SPINJIM

Nice work so far.  I have a commando 6, and am putting a Briggs 8hp on it (gave up on the Tecumseh).   I went to surpluscenter.com website to get a pulley that would work.  They have more sizes available than anyone I've found.  

The Commando 6 is a fun tractor, and is similar to the 857 / 856 that is so popular.    I like the 'short frames' in general.   Keep the pictures coming.   I'd like to see side angles.

Jim

• Like 1

raider9

Sorry! It took me forever to get back on here and post these. I used her all winter long but the carb float got a hole and then the threads for the bowl wore out. I bought a used one and rebuilt it. She's running like a top again now. Fun little machine! The 10 Horse works great, you just have to be careful on how fast you let the clutch out. First time I took it out I did a wheelie and about flipped over backwards due to the torque of it. Hope you like the pics!

commando.jpg

commando2.jpg

commando3.jpg

• Like 5

Bert

I like your setup, I've got one similar that I need to get some pics of to share. :)

• Like 1

WheelHorseJunkie71

Nice setup!  If you get tired of the snowblower attachment, let me know.