Tool organization

varosd

Now that is super smart!:text-goodpost:

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:  Like Don said.

ztnoo
1 hour ago, Walt said:

wire trough

I feel like Mr. Dumbo because I have no knowledge whatsoever of this term or what this is.

Please enlighten me.

Pics would probably help my feeble mind to comprehend.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: :text-+1: :dunno:

Ed Kennell

It is a plastic channel used in industry to contain wiring. the slotted sides allow wires to enter and exit at any location along the length of the "trough.  It has a removable snap on cover

Open Slot cable trough or wiring duct

• Like 8

AMC RULES

:text-thankyoublue:   Ed.  :clap:

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Looks like a surgeon's toolbox !

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

How do you trim that Walt"?  Side cutters?

ztnoo

Like Gomer used to say, "SHAZAM!!!"

• Like 1

Walt
22 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

How do you trim that Walt"?  Side cutters?

If you look in at picture with the pliers in it in the back left of drawer the black handle tool next to all the red handled tools are a pair of craftsman pruning shears. I use those to cut the height and also to widen the slots then its easy to either bend and break at bottom of cut is its a thin cut or use utility knife if it's a wider cut. I also use those to cut it to length. That pair of pruning shears are more than 30 years old bought them just for this use even though have been know to cut a low hanging branch here and there. ;) Snap a couple of pics of them looks like I got tool number. Now as for separating it into 2 pieces like I did for the wrenches I just score a line (couple of passes with utility knife) down middle of bottom and rock it back and forth till it breaks.

40 minutes ago, Lane Ranger said:

Looks like a surgeon's toolbox !

My kid says I have ADHD and OCD because I can't seem to ever take a day off from working on some project and because I like things to be done or stored in a certain way. Me I like the way I feel when I'm working with my hands and challenging my mind plus I sleep well if I work each day. As for the OCD I don't like wasting time to find a tool I need, also helps when I have someone here helping or needing help to say go to this drawer in the left, right or middle section of tool box get this tool from this area of drawer. I also prefer to do things the proper way the first time that's why I tend to over engineer things I build, and her house and mine both surpassed all the local building codes when I rebuilt them both over the first 6 years of retirement.      

IMG_0845.JPG

IMG_0846.JPG

• Like 5

KC9KAS

@Walt That is a very clever idea.

Thanks for the photos!

• Like 1

"D"- Man

Walt, that is impeccable, thanks for sharing, Mark.

• Like 1

roadapples

That`s a great idea. I spend more time looking for tools than I do using them. Some day I may do that....... Yeah right, who am I kidding        :ROTF:

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:   

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

That's a great idea, completely opposite of what my tool draws look like, $hit all over the place, lol. THANK YOU SIR,

Glenn

JC 1965

Great idea. Thanks for sharing. :thumbs2:

Sarge

Awesome idea , wish I'd seen this a year ago when we cleaned out a Conex trailer at work - probably tossed 300' of the stuff into the dumpster and most of it was the steel version industrial type , not plastic . I kept looking at it like " I could use this for something...?? " sort of deal , but already had enough loaded as it was at the time , including 500' of brand new electrical UG plastic conduit - 2" size with sweeps to boot for free...

Sarge

Zeek

That is an excellent idea. My wrench drawer has always been a problem with them sliding around on the drawer mat . . . plus positioning them vertically is a much better idea - less room needed!