Cadmandu

Armstrong Super Turf 22 x 9.00 -12”

Cadmandu

Hi Guys,

I have a new plan and need help. I just bought two Carlisle Tru Power Lawn & Garden Tire - 23X10.50-12  tires from Amazon for 103.00 each and free shipping.

I have some 8 1/2 " rims to mount them on and will use the for mowing. I have the above 22 x 9.00 -12 on the tractor now with 65 pound wheel weight and chains for snow removal using my 48" blade. I have a slow leak in one of the 22" rears and want to put tubes in them. I can only find tubes for 23" http://www.millertire.com/products/lawn-garden-tires/23x-8-50-12/23x8-50-10-50-8-tube-tr-13/ will these work ?

If i break the bead on one side and lift the tire above the rim can I get the tube in that way? I have a HF tire changer but cant seem to break the bead on my old 23 x 10.5 -23

IMG_0271.JPG

Texas Todd

That tube should be fine. The method you describe should allow you to put the tube in. Both sides would need to have the bead busted and one side taken off. I have that same mini-tire changer. I find it easier to work with with the shallow side of the rim up rather than the deep side like you have it there. Busting the beads can be a bear. I almost resorted to other methods recently (plenty of ideas on you tube), but I kept working and pushing on it and it finally broke.   I found pushing down further back from the rim limbered it up some (about the line between the sidewall and the lugs). Also some soapy water helped.

Good luck!

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

I used Discount Tire - $10 / tire to take old off and mount new and its done...They mounted 4 new tires with tubes. Might be cheaper if you just break it to have a tube installed...

:twocents-02cents:

Cadmandu

THANKS I just placed the order at Millers in the spring i will have two v61 8" on the front and two tru power 10.5 - 23 on the back of a 89 312-8 and a 42" deck with no front tire rubbing issues. I have 850.00 saved up for a C-160 auto with a lift this will be a fun winter and spring, remember i am retired now and can play every day.

TUJ

Should I put duct tape on the inside of the rim? I want to sand blast and paint but my wheel weights will hide the paint job.

Edited by Cadmandu
Forgot something

857 horse

H.F.  has a taller tire changer for 12 inch rims.....I have the one you have ( for my 8 inch wheels ) and the taller one for my 12's,,,,,,,

I never have a problem breaking them down......i just dont know how to put a pic in here to show you the other changer....

Maybe someone can jump in and show the other changer,,,,,,