nigel

1960 suburban colour ?

nigel

What a bummer, I've spent a week taking the wheels back to bare metal the old school way , got them in primer ,started to paint the top coat today, they were looking good, came back half hour later 🙁 Holes every where, just like silicone had attacked them , pissed or what, so tomorrow ime off to the shot blasters and then they will be powder coated, gutted 🙄                                                                      I did use use something like that Craig, I just don't understand it primer went on perfect re flattened it put top coat on ,then the problem it must be impregnated right into the metal

AMC RULES

Sound like something happened...

in between your priming, and painting.  :text-imsorry:

• Like 1

TDF5G
16 hours ago, nigel said:

What a bummer, I've spent a week taking the wheels back to bare metal the old school way , got them in primer ,started to paint the top coat today, they were looking good, came back half hour later 🙁 Holes every where, just like silicone had attacked them , pissed or what, so tomorrow ime off to the shot blasters and then they will be powder coated, gutted 🙄                                                                      I did use use something like that Craig, I just don't understand it primer went on perfect re flattened it put top coat on ,then the problem it must be impregnated right into the metal

You are a victim of "fish-eye" it sounds like.  Before priming or painting, the surface needs to be cleaned of all grease, oil, dirt, fingerprints, etc.  A paint prep solution/pre-cleaner works the best. 

• Like 1

nigel

Well took them to the blasters today £80 to blast and coat 4 wheels and the seat,👍🏻 That's cheaper than the paint, I wished I went there before would have saved a lot of money and hardwork 

• Like 3

thehappyhippy

I want one lol

nigel

Not having much luck with this project, got the wheels back from powder coasters took them to have new tyres fitted and they have knocked big chunks out of the coating 🙁

nigel

Well tires are on and new exhaust made it's not quite finished in the picts

IMG_0495.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

IMG_0498.JPG

IMG_0499.PNG

IMG_0501.PNG

IMG_0502.PNG

IMG_0503.PNG

IMG_0504.PNG

IMG_0505.PNG

IMG_0507.PNG