Lane Ranger

Facebook Account Hacked and I did not get $150,000 grant from the government!

Lane Ranger

FYI I have not sent out any new Friends Requests on Facebook so Do Not Accept !     I changed my passwoprd because I must have been hacked!

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 1

KC9KAS

Sorry to hear that Lane.

My identity was stolen once. When they saw my bank account balance, the deposited $20 for me!

Edited by KC9KAS
spelling
  • Like 9

ACman

:soapbox:Dang hackers and scammers !!! Last night I was locked out of safari said all my data and photos were being stolen . Everything looked to be a legit , a apple security pop up kept me from proceeding farther without calling apple support and the number . I immediately turned off my wifi . This morning I had my daughter use her iPhone to get ahold off apple support . Guess what ,totally different number . Called the correct number and sorted everything out . If I wasn't wise enough to double check the number and called it , they could have stole my info . You can never be to careful !

• Like 4

Lane Ranger

I did report to Facebook and logged out on phone and Computer and changed my password.  Not sure what else to do yet!

• Like 1

KC9KAS

I got a cell phone call last week stating I was going to get a free trip to Orlando and then a free cruise.

The gal wanted to transfer me to another person for some additional information.

The phone number was from my area code and also my prefix.

When I asked her "who she was calling", she said "what".

Who (what name) are you calling for this free trip and she hung up on me!

Another "free" vacation down the tubes.

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Yep !

Walt

My mother gets calls occasionally saying their from Microsoft and that their is a problem with her computer and they need remote accuses to fix it. Her computer is under my name so I told her to tell them "I don't have a computer" they hang up on her every time.   

• Like 2

ranger

We get those calls over here also. It's usually " I'm from Windows"? "You have a problem with your computer", " You need to do so and so to give me access and I will fix it" My reply is " You are speaking to D.C. ( my initials ) Hall, Cambridgeshire I.T. Fraud Squad, who am I speaking to ?" Strangely enough, there is a 'click' and the line goes dead. :ROTF:

( D.C. = detective constable )

• Like 4

BESTDOGEVER

I like the phone call from the IRS saying that I am in trouble for back taxes. Funny thing is that I haven't made enough to pay taxes in years I guess the joke is on them