Upper Canada

Help identify this Horse

Upper Canada

Hey Redsquare. I need help identifying this horse. I may go rescue it as it is destined for the scrap yard if it doesn't sell by end of November. It is hacked up but I still see beauty in it. 

ad_1479485548188.jpg

ad_1479485544706.jpg

• Like 6

CasualObserver

Interesting... the hood with ho fuel cap cutout would indicate early RJ, but the 3 piece trans would be later. Could possibly be one that was converted with the transmission kit?  @evanloock input?

Please save it regardless!!

Upper Canada

I was thinking early rj as well by the looks of front axle.  The owner did say it was modified.

AlwaysLookin80

It's a RJ 58, grab it ASAP, it can be saved. The engine was moved forward and it looks like the steering shaft was moved back 

Its the wrong engine too

Upper Canada
10 minutes ago, J.A. said:

It's a RJ 58, grab it ASAP, it can be saved. The engine was moved forward and it looks like the steering shaft was moved back 

Its the wrong engine too

I have already sent message to owner. Now if only I could get out of work early. :think:  

Maybe i can tell my boss I am a horse doctor as a hobby and there is a horse I need to go save. 

Edited by Upper Canada
  • Like 5

AlwaysLookin80

I can't help you there. Lol

Go get it Tommorrow, and if your supposed to work Tommorrow just call in healthy. 

ol550

The centrifugal clutch would make for an interesting ride.

ACman

:text-yeahthat:... save that :wh: Horse of course ! I agree no RJ should meet its demise in a metal shredder :o .

Even if you don't know what it is , why would you scrap it :scratchead:...people these days are just (to many words to use here) !

Upper Canada

I am waiting on hearing back from owner. I am set to go get it. It also comes with a IH cadet 60 lawn mower too. Price is right for the pair. 

• Like 1

CasualObserver
1 hour ago, Upper Canada said:

It also comes with a IH cadet 60 lawn mower too.

Awesome... those are pretty collectible too. Hope it's in decent shape!

• Like 1

Upper Canada

Someone else had contacted the owner before me and they bought it. At least it isn't going to scrap, although I would have like to owned it. Oh well back on the hunt for another  :wh:

evanloock

When I enlarged the pic there appeared to be a patch over the hole for the tank filler neck.  A RJ-25 would have a hood without the Wheel-Horse embossed in the nose.  Looks to be a RJ-58 someone got "creative" with.

• Like 1

jsp_333

Upper Canada et all,

Went looking for a pic of a restored rj '58 on Red Square to show my wife the tractor I just bought.

It's the one at the top of this post.

Picking it up this week and will get proper picks posted.

Because the hood has been cut away on both sides and it's been modified in other ways as well I'm thinking tear it down

and make it all shiny and new.  PO has sent me some more pics - looks like it has a Briggs engine in it as well.

Cheers

UC I feel your pain - I've missed out on so many this year it's making me crazy. At least 5.

• Like 1

Upper Canada
1 hour ago, jsp_333 said:

Upper Canada et all,

Went looking for a pic of a restored rj '58 on Red Square to show my wife the tractor I just bought.

It's the one at the top of this post.

Picking it up this week and will get proper picks posted.

Because the hood has been cut away on both sides and it's been modified in other ways as well I'm thinking tear it down

and make it all shiny and new.  PO has sent me some more pics - looks like it has a Briggs engine in it as well.

Cheers

UC I feel your pain - I've missed out on so many this year it's making me crazy. At least 5.

So you're the evil person who beat me to it. Just kidding!  I am glad it is not going to scrap. Also nice to see another Canuck on the forum. 

• Like 2