JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

RJ suburban ,, ID help

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I just found this, literally 10 miles from me. Is this engine correct. It has deck, plow, snowblower.....600 bucks

Price,,,is it fair for this? How correct is this machine? Is anything right about It? The motor concerns me to.

Ok, been doing some reading, this looks like a little bit of everything rig, like a mutt. 

Thanks, 

Glenn

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-4.jpg

s-l1600-3.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
  • Like 7

608KEB

I dig that snow thrower! You have to buy that! Just to run the snow thrower this winter

Edited by 608KEB
  • Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
1 minute ago, 608KEB said:

I dig that snow thrower!

Pretty cool right, but I would like to know on originality. Just asking, can't believe the stuff I been finding recently...........

Glenn

AlwaysLookin80

It's a 61 suburban for sure. Engine is incorrect and should be a Kohler k91. Fenders and tool box are missing and that together with the wrong engine and the hood being cut up in back really hurt the value of the tractor itself. The blower and blade are worth a few bucks for sure. The deck looks rough and missing some parts.  The wheel barrel is a off brand, not really of any value. The most I would pay is 450, MAYBE 500  as long as everything worked. The 500 is if you really want the stuff. Hope this helps 

Edited by J.A.
  • Like 3

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:     Nice Suburban! A good sheet-metal worker can repair the hood and K-91s are easy to find. You have the trailer hitch which is hard to find and 608KEB is right on, the snow blower is great, but I think it will be a bit slow.   :text-bravo:

russellmc301

i was looking at that and the highest it got on eaby fro 342.00 and it was too low for him.

it was on ebay for about 1 mouth and i contacted him on buying to snowblower but never got back with me.

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Lots of goodies there !

• Like 1

wallfish

1961 401. like others wrote, but wrong engine.

The blower is a 1962 ST302/3072. Made to adapt to that tractor but missing the mounting adapter, lift bar, foot pedal, chute handle, chute handle support bar, chute rotating belt pulley and belt and the belt guard for the engine belt. All can be reproduced.

Snow plow will fit and has the mounting adapter but missing the foot pedal to pull the index pin.

That tow bar is from a 1960 400 because the rear hitch was used for the deck lift on that model.

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ok, thanks guys. I will pass. You fellas really are the experts. I see I have a lot of horse schooling to do yet.

But, this was a fun exercise and a good learning tool.

Russell, that's where it's listed again.

Glenn

• Like 2

wallfish

I see I have a lot of horse schooling to do yet.

The trick to learning about them is buying something like that snow blower, then searching for and gathering all the missing pieces! 

That's how you pay for the schooling, or at least that's how I paid.

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 3

AMC RULES

Shaky video here, I know...   :text-imsorry:

but shows all those missing pieces in action. 

• Like 6

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

Shaky video here, I know...   :text-imsorry:

but shows all those missing pieces in action. 

Thanks Craig.  Figures you would have it. Lol

Glenn

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Be forewarned here Glenn...  :roll:

these things are some crazy heavy little mamma jammas.

• Like 1

Hammerhead

The mower deck is actually a 1958 type. Footrests look home made. All in all it ain't too bad of a pile. Offer him $500 and hope he takes it.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
1 hour ago, Hammerhead said:

The mower deck is actually a 1958 type. Footrests look home made. All in all it ain't too bad of a pile. Offer him $500 and hope he takes it.

thanks hammer, but i could put that 500 toward my barn find motherload thread stuff snd get 3 complete non running machines.   notice "non running". lol

Glenn

• Like 1

FrKsHwZ

Very nice tractor, I'm still on the grind to finding one like it.  Being in Florida they rarely come up for sale...! Congrats, I would pay $500 for it..!,

Edited by FrKsHwZ
$500
  • Like 1