mike67

New addition.

Pollack Pete

VERY nice tractor with a Kohler twin.Looks to be in pretty good shape.I have the same tractor,only automatic.Have fun with your new toy.

• Like 1

SPINJIM

Nice find, and the perfect price, free.  Looks like it has the electric lift,which is a great feature.   I have a 417-8, and love it.   Good luck with it.

Jm

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

one of my favorites to have, but you beat me to it. and free to, wow, smokin deal. best of luck.

Glenn

mike67

I'll work on it this weekend so there will be updates. I do know a friend of the P.O. tried to start it a couple weeks ago using a smallish motorcycle battery with no luck.... I guess it wouldn't turn over very fast. Lol.

Sparky

Great score and for FREE!

Good luck with it!

Mike......

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Nice score there.  :handgestures-thumbsup:  

Been a bunch of them free :wh:'s trading hands here lately...

must be something in the water???  :think:

• Like 2

mike67
7 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

must be something in the water???  :think:

Could be...

Ken B

Nice snag for sure. Ya don't see too many 418's....

• Like 1

JC 1965

Looks great, should clean up real nice. Good winter project for sure.   :thumbs2:

Retired Wrencher

Mike 67 nice find and a great winter project. Should be a good worker for you when done.

• Like 1

T-Mo

An awful lot of 416-8s recently.  And free.

Wheel Horse never put in a Kohler twin in a 416-8.  First ones came with the K341 single cylinder Kohler, then in 1987 and 1988, they came with a M16 single cylinder Kohler, and in 1989 up they had a Onan twin.

• Like 1

ACman

Congrats...What's better than an :wh:Wheel Horse...A free :wh:Wheel Horse  :handgestures-thumbupright: !

I'm hoping santa can bring me a :wh:Horse for Christmas...A 60/61 Sububan would nice :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1

DougC

Congratulations on your new addition!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Pilgrim
23 hours ago, T-Mo said:

An awful lot of 416-8s recently.  And free.

Wheel Horse never put in a Kohler twin in a 416-8.  First ones came with the K341 single cylinder Kohler, then in 1987 and 1988, they came with a M16 single cylinder Kohler, and in 1989 up they had a Onan twin.

Wheel Horse never did make a 416-8 with a Kohler twin, but in 1987 they did in fact make a 418-8, 418-A, and a 418-C with a Kohler Magnum 18. They're somewhat hard to find, being made just the one year. 

It's hard to beat free! Nice find and good luck getting it running. Keep us posted!  

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 1

T-Mo
5 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

Wheel Horse never did make a 416-8 with a Kohler twin, but in 1987 they did in fact make a 418-8, 418-A, and a 418-C with a Kohler Magnum 18. They're somewhat hard to find, being made just the one year. 

It's hard to beat free! Nice find and good luck getting it running. Keep us posted! 

As I said, in 1987 and 1988 the 416 had a M16 Kohler, which is the Kohler single cylinder Magnum.  So they had the Kohler Magnum for two years, plus the first two years of the 416s, 1985 and 1986, it had the Kohler K-Series.

• Like 1

Pilgrim

Sorry about that. You jumped to the topic of 416-8's, so I assumed you thought the OP had acquired one of those with a transplanted Kohler Magnum Twin instead. You know what assuming does... :handgestures-thumbupright:

mike67
9 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Sorry about that. You jumped to the topic of 416-8's, so I assumed you thought the OP had acquired one of those with a transplanted Kohler Magnum Twin instead. You know what assuming does... :handgestures-thumbupright:

I was thinking the same the same thing but was gonna just let it slide 😀. I'll keep you posted on any progress.

Edited by mike67
Added text