Sign in to follow this  
GetItBilly

I think I have the wrong plow frame for a C100

GetItBilly

I bought a C100 that came with a model 6-4112 mounting frame and a 54" blade. Looks like the 6-4112 was made a few years before the C100 was introduced. I think I've got 3 problems:

1. The index angle lever bends outward on this model frame, I don't think there is any way to get it to work without it being in the way of the C100's brake pedal, correct?

2. I think the 54" blade is probably too big for a C100 plowing snow

3. The bottom of the blade is pretty shot - the scraper bar is welded to the blade. That's a bummer because I wanted to screw some thick rubber to the scraper bar and it's going to be a bunch of work to get that done on this blade.

I'm just looking for a second opinion....assuming I can find a 42" frame and blade for ~$150, I should just buy it and take the easy way out, right? And I need a model that has the 2 90 degree bends in the angle index arm, right?

varosd

the index angle lever AKA handle flips around 180 so you can use it with no brake hydros and brake pedal in the way 8 speeds!

54 is too big

any pictures?

KC9KAS

@GetItBilly :WRS:

Agreed...54" is too big for the C-100.

Too bad someone welded the ware plate to the blade.

GetItBilly

Thanks, guys. I did try flipping the handle around so it bends inward instead of outward, but that did not work. It still gets in the way of the pedal. Finally found an old thread where someone had the same problem...I definitely need  a new handle and a smaller blade, so might as well just start looking for a whole new setup. 

Edited by GetItBilly