oliver2-44

Are C-Series Hydraulic Valves Stack-able?

oliver2-44

I borrowed this photos from a member here, but the hydraulic valve on my C-161 looks just like it.  Are these "stack-able".  Since this is made up of an inner and outer plate which are contain the hydraulic supply and return, are the valve bodies internally ported so that multiple valves can be stacked together?IMG_3773.JPG

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@oliver2-44 I just looked at one on a C-160, and it looks like it may be "stackable"!

I can only suggest you take one apart and see if the ports match up to the next valve.

• Like 2

Hacksawhero123

That tractor ought to be scrapped!!  And that guys place is a mess. 😂😂. Wait. That's my heap. And my mess. Damn. 

Mark. 

• Like 6

c-series don

Hmm, this is something I have thought about for years but never pursued so I'm interested if it's possible? 

Hacksawhero123

Are we thinking about the same thing?  Most likely not. 😂  In independent rear lift cylinder would be nice. Something to do away with the cable (which I broke today).  I looked through the manual and could only find the valve as a unit-no breakdown drawing of the valve. Since mine is working, I'm not going to tempt fate by tearing into it. 

Mark

diesel cowboy

They should be stackable.  I believe they're called sectional valves and are designed to do that.  I have a 2 spool one off of an old fisher snow plow and it looked just like the one on a D series my friend had except one spool on mine had a float position and one didn't.  All that's needed is to take one end plate off get some new o-rings and longer bolts and put it back together.  I vaguely remember seeing I think an Electro or maybe a no name with a 2 spool setup on it, I think it was on here and maybe around 4-5 years ago that someone had made up or bought that way.                                                                         Stewart      

• Like 1

gwest_ca
8 hours ago, Hacksawhero123 said:

Are we thinking about the same thing?  Most likely not. 😂  In independent rear lift cylinder would be nice. Something to do away with the cable (which I broke today).  I looked through the manual and could only find the valve as a unit-no breakdown drawing of the valve. Since mine is working, I'm not going to tempt fate by tearing into it. 

Mark

There may be more in this manual which was replaced by the 2nd manual. The R1 and R3 are revision numbers.

Garry

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Thanks for the manuals @gwest_ca.. They do appear to be stack-able.  I have one with a very slight leak that will need service this winter.  I want to try to gather up parts to rebuild it before i pull it apart. Then I will share what I learn. 

• Like 1

refracman

yes they are stackable, wh did it on the d and c195

• Like 1