Dball

? On a 1996 520h wheelhorse

Dball

K guys I have found  a 1996 520h wheel horse for sale it has a 60 in deck 600 hours and has nothing more then the mower deck he is asking 2,200 for it what do u guys think is a fair price for this tractor sorry can't get a pic on here don't seem to have any rust do be leave theirs a small rip in the seat has the plastic pto cover what would u guys pay or feel is fair price again I know pics would help but I can't post them it looks almost new other then the deck being faded and mentioned about a fab 60 In wheel horse deck any help would be awesome if I don't want to pay to much and u guys know your stuff I got bitten by the bug I purchased a 520h months back then a 520hc that has 1500 hrs on it and the h the hour meter stoped on it at 750 so who knows what hours are on it but this 1 I'm looking at would be my gem so to say but don't want to over pay on it please help thank u all so much  

WHX??

Sounds like he might be a tad high unless it is VERY well kept and even then. The 60 incher is a plus but not that much.

Sounds like you need one of these on that picture posting issue

• Like 1

Dball

00000_2LSgfFiAIg6_1200x900.jpg

That's it fellas 

She is a sexy girl isn't she I will see if I can post my other 2 

The 1st pictured 1 is the on i am asking about is it worth 2200 buck ect I sill see if I can get a few more up 

00f0f_1wveZ15hMCh_600x450.jpg

00I0I_lSi7lDGJz7u_600x450.jpg

01010_iNqGaEG4wne_600x450.jpg

00t0t_3muTM1NODZX_600x450.jpg

00x0x_3IhmkoVsr6F_600x450.jpg

00d0d_iG1EPMiE5Q6_600x450.jpg

• Like 2

Dball

20161111_171502.jpg

This 1 sitting on the blue tarp is the 1 I own then I will show up all my 520hc beside her I don't have the seat pan and seat on her as I am cleaning her up 

20161111_171522.jpg

• Like 1

KC9KAS

It looks to have been kept nice and clean...Still, $2200 seems high....How bad do you want it?

Dball

What do u guys feel a fair price would be so I can make an offer to him 

Wishin4a416

I don't know what to tell you on price. Nice looking machine. I saw it too and you don't have to worry about me snagging it up. I do want an anniversary model someday but that one is over my price range. Good Luck!!! And keep us posted.

• Like 1

Dball

Any one know what a fair price would be if one of u knowledgeable horse owners would charge if it was yours 

WVHillbilly520H

Try countering $1500 cash I know it's $700 less than asking but then you've broken the ice and then you can get a feel for his willingness to negotiate you never know but maybe $1800 tops, I gave $1200 for a low hour but un kept '95 520h so it's kinda how bad you want it and what you're willing to pay for it, (I gave $6300 for my anniversary model new in '98 with a 48" deck),  yes it looks clean and we'll cared for with the 60" deck but that deck does come with other issues 1) strain on the lift and attach-a-matic ,frame, 2) engine  with 596+ hours spinning that big deck, go test drive it see if it's down on power and put it up against something to see if it'll spin the tires to check the hydro with those ags on check the frame to trans mount for cracking check the attach-a-matic and lift linkage for visible wear, mine has seat cover cracked no biggie there also the mule drive is missing the metal belt guard over the pulleys,Jeff.

IMAG1896.jpg

100_0460.JPG

• Like 1

Dball

Thank you Jeff I just started this year but I love the 520 the sound the ride the looks ect my son# 1 is he wants 1 for x mass so he can plow an hook up and till the garden and he also loves the sound and wants to be just like dad he is young heck i was running a farm tractor when i was about his age this is part of the reason i want to get anouther wow look at my axcuses im an wh addict😭  lol although very expensive 

JAinVA

Jeff hit the high points.If that 520 has been saddled with a 60 inch deck for long there is lots to look at on the tractor for wear or damage.The machine looks clean and cared for but I don't think I'd go over $1500.But then again I won't buy any of these machines for over $500.JAinVa

Dball

Well looked at her today it all seems good pin on the arm that lifts the deck isnt wore all seems okay but the price i tryed 1500 that got **** down real quick most he will drop is 200 is it really worth that and the 60 in deck whats it worth id sell it if i did get the tractor an get a 48 ich 

Wishin4a416

Again that is a tough question. Around our area they usually seem to go for 1000 to 1400 with a 48 inch deck. I have seen 2 nice ones go for 1200 in the last year and they were very nice clean machines. Add a 100$ for Anniversary model and 200$ for the 60" deck. Those are the only numbers I can give you. I really dont know how much the decks bring but I have seen them advertised for 400-600 but have no idea if they sold.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

IDK what to do to help you other than mowing season is over and that might help a little on negotiations, $1500 too low for him but he dropped $200 now $2000 meet in the middle at $1750 but it's really only worth what you are truly willing to give for it that may be high for most of us on here but only you know your budget,Jeff.

Forest Road

I'd keep looking. I had a 96 520 w single stage and cab for $500. Think it had 101 hours. So it really depends how bad u want it.

My friend and I swapped for a low hour 314h. He had it painted w toro paint and she looks like new. It's only gat about 120 hours on it now and he's considering selling it for $2500.