Razkid

520H Info Needed

Razkid

My wife's uncle has had to go to a nursing home so he has a 520H tractor that I would like to buy from him. I forgot to see how many hours it has been run but I'm sure he did regular maintenance to it. I want to offer him a fair price for both of us so am looking for help in determining it's value. I can't find any info online about the snow blower so I will post a picture of the ID# 0644SC01  60172  9276 plate. I'm interested in purchasing the tractor, mower deck w/ bagger, snow blower and rototiller. The blower for the grass collector needs some repairs and you'll see some oil on the concrete that has leaked out of the gear box of the rototiller, if you look to the left of the drive pulley. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

DSCN1059[1].JPG

DSCN1070[1].JPG

DSCN1061[1].JPG

DSCN1068[1].JPG

DSCN1073[1].JPG

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Garry

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Package deal like that around here in VA would go for $2500+/-, I just got one with a bagger with 560 hrs for $1000 another in the spring with just a deck $1200 the 2stage blower $250 last fall and my tiller (which BTW will leak from the gearbox perpetually) $300 5-6 years ago but that depends on the shape of the tines so let's say $1200 tractor with deck + $300 blower + $300 tiller and a cab another $200 so depending on your area $2000+ would be fair for the whole package, then ask yourself what would $2000 get you at Lowe's or Home Depot just my opinion,.  Oh I just saw the rear clevis hitch and disc and turnover moldboard plow an aerator and front mount dethatcher and yard cart HOPEFULLY you get all that (anything that fits or for use with that wheel horse) too!!!, great find,Jeff.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 3

JAinVA

WVHilllbilly is close on what that would  sell for here in VA.There is a lot of great looking attachments.The tiller tines look decent and that adds value for sure.As I see it my biggest problem with scoring a good deal on these things is the fact that it is a relative that will require many dollars to keep him in a nursing home.I would not like to be in the position to feel that I didn't do the right thing by my aunt or uncle.Doing what's right for family is a definite consideration.Just make sure that someone doesn't come in and and steal this for a couple hundred bucks.JMHO,Luck,JAinVA 

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
7 hours ago, JAinVA said:

WVHilllbilly is close on what that would  sell for here in VA.There is a lot of great looking attachments.

Well here in the Harrisonburg/Staunton I-81 corridor of VA I should say, seems like garden tractors of any brand in really decent shape goes for a little more than what most on here snag them for but WHEEL HORSE doesn't often show up around here and is usually gone in a few days just my experiences here,...  And with ALL that's in the first picture if sold individually would probably net more than the $2-2500 I said...just my thoughts/experiences, one more thing now we all know a craftsman snow cab will work on our :wh: so that could out some others looking for a cheap alternative to the WH/ orginal cab:ychain:,Jeff.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 2

Razkid

Thanks for all of the replies! I brought it home today so I could go over it and see what it needs. It's got a little over 1200 hours on it and doesn't run too bad. All of the greasable locations have been well greased. The right rear axle seal is leaking so I need to know what is used for lube and can new seals be bought? The snow blower gear box, that the drive belt pulley attaches to, doesn't seem to have a fill plug or a way to check the oil level. Any suggestions? I tuned over the mower deck and there are no blades installed. Are those available for sale somewhere? How about availability of the wheels on the mower deck? There is a noise coming from the transaxle area when the tractor isn't moving. It gets louder when the engine speed is brought up from an idle a little bit. I can look through an opening above the belt guard at the fender and notice the drive belt starts to flex up and down quite a bit when I start to hear the noise so I'm hoping that has something to do with what I'm hearing and not a problem with the hydro unit. 

WVHillbilly520H

The hydro takes 10w30 motor oil ONLY, yes you can get new seals for the axle, and most if not all the hydros "whine" a little bit nature of the beast but if has set for a while a drain and refill and new filter will quiet it down some, deck blades and wheels are easily found on eBay, Jack's, Repair Clinic ect, all the manuals( tractor,deck,blower) can be downloaded from in the manuals section, that blower gearbox I'm pretty sure has a small allen screw plug on the cover for checking the oil as well as the one one the auger, and the drive belt will flop when running but might need replaced as it could be stretched out, hope this helps,Jeff.

Pollack Pete

The noise could also be the flat idler pulley for the drive belt.I have a C-195 that sounds like an old wringer washing machine.VERY nice looking 520H and very well accessorized.

• Like 1