cleat

Driveway markers.

cleat

I got tired of the cheap plastic driveway markers breaking so I made up a few of my own.

TSC has ones similar to these in carbon steel but I made mine from stainless steel.

They should outlive me as long as I don't try and put them through the snow blower.

Here are the plans, pictures will be added soon.

Driveway marker.pdf

Cleat

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Nice Cleat, I was going to get some 1/4 inch re bar. Have it cut in 4 ft lengths. Put a re bar cap on top and call it a day. At least I know I could drive them in the ground with a small lump hammer. The plastic ones would never get in past the frost line.

Glenn

• Like 1

stevasaurus

:think:

Gentlemen...just a safety thought...before pounding anything like that into the ground, consider calling JULY or whatever you use to get utility locates.  It is a free service and if you hit something (and live to tell about it) you are libel for the fees to fix it.  Don't assume electric and phone cables are 2 feet or more deep.  Gas services can be shallow also...cable TV is always shallow. 

• Like 2

jackhammer

Dial 811 here in Illinois saves a lot of headaches and possible bills.  I'm sure you have seen it  happen Steve, and being a Laborer (local 703) I have ripped my share of them also.-- - -  just sayin

• Like 1

cleat

Here are the markers made from Stainless steel with reflective tape applied.

Driveway markers 1.jpgDriveway markers 2.jpg

This one is with the flash applied to prove they really are reflective.

I will be installing them this week.

No buried services around me, everything is above ground.

Driveway markers flash on.jpg

• Like 1

Hacksawhero123

Um, yeah. One of my coworkers drove a 1/2" ground rod through a 2" PVC natural gas line in downtown Houston a few years back. Things got "exciting" pretty quick. 

Mark. 

• Like 2

clueless

The front of my property is 227 feet wide, years ago the wife's fall scarecrow yard art thingy keep blowing over, I decided to pound a 1/2in  rebar  in the ground and zip tie the the thing to it. After a few good wacks, what the** we got water!! 227 feet of yard I hit the 3/4in service line.

• Like 1

oldredrider

All of our utilities are underground. Whenever I have doubts about their location, I use a dousing rods to find them. works like a charm.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I've done that holding the rods thing many times...it does work like a champ...but it works better if you know that something is there (just not sure where).  :)