Frank in nj

Hydro lift not working

Frank in nj

Hi, hydraulic lift cylinder on my 1970 Electro 12 not working. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Would like to add the snowplow. Thanks for your help.

gwest_ca

In case you need it

Garry

• Like 1

953 nut

Fluid level is correct and no leaks, right? Presuming this unit is powered by the Sundstrand Transaxle, is the trans. performing well? is the operator handle on the control valve moving the spool valve?

daveoman1966

Was the hyd lift working before, or  are you just now adding the hyd lift cylinder to your E-12? 

If the latter, you MAY need some sundstrand parts., specifically...cone valve.     

pfrederi

Tow valve set correctly??

Frank in nj
On November 8, 2016 at 8:47 PM, 953 nut said:

Fluid level is correct and no leaks, right? Presuming this unit is powered by the Sundstrand Transaxle, is the trans. performing well? is the operator handle on the control valve moving the spool valve?

Thank you. Yes trans seems ok. My son has driven it for a while. The hoses are a little cracked but the fluid level in the trans seems to be where it should. It is the red ATF. 

Thank you. Is there a manual on how the plow should attach? 

gwest_ca

Back in 1970 this was the plow available. It came in 2 packages

This may be different than what you have as many plows would fit including the last model in 2007. The main difference may be where the rear axle quick hitch accepts the rear 3/4" round bar on the A-frame - ahead of the rear axle housing or under the axle housing. One is clamped to the front of the housing and the later models are clamped under the housing.

Garry

• Like 1

Frank in nj

Thanks Gentlemen for your help. I've been working on it when I can and the spool valve moves ok. What is cone valve and how can I check? One hose comes off the top of the trans the other off the rear. The one of the top of trans is red but that might be repainted. Can I pull that one off one of the  control valve ports and check for flow and return? I see the # on the top of the valve is 400 076 and above that it reads PAWICK?  If I take a hose to Napa you think they can use the existing fittings? 

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Hey Frank, you need a proper red square welcome to..    :wh:            :text-welcomeconfetti:

Was up to long Valley a few times, really nice that way. Best of luck, from another Jersey guy.

Glenn