Team70R

Losing compression through spark plug!?

Team70R

Picked up a Honda g300 a while ago to put into my 606.. Didn't have spark but got that fixed and got it running! Now it won't run and is blowing fuel out from the spark plug!! Would this cause it to not start? Brand new plug and threads in tight 

KC9KAS

Sounds like the head is cracked at the spark plug threads, or the plug is not completely seated in the hole.

• Like 2

953 nut
43 minutes ago, Team70R said:

new plug and threads in tight 

Take a look and make sure the washer from a previous spark plug isn't in the cocked slightly and preventing the plug from sealing.

Team70R

Is there usually a factory pressed in washer around the hole on the outside? We removed what looked to be an old washer from around the hole 

KC9KAS
20 hours ago, Team70R said:

Is there usually a factory pressed in washer around the hole on the outside? We removed what looked to be an old washer from around the hole 

There is a washer type item on the spark-plug....maybe an old washer from a previous plug was "jammed" into the head and that is causing the loss of compression as @953 nut said.

Team70R

Gonna take it to a local machine shop and see if they can take a look at it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Rob R
      By Rob R
      So I have a Honda gx390 OHV engine in one of my Sears Suburban's which runs great and has cut my lawn for at least 5 years, it has electric and pull start. The engine was installed by the PO as was the wiring. Since I have owned it, it has never charged correctly. It has two wires coming from the engine one black and one brown... The black is currently connect back to the B+ through a small 1 inch plastic connector that has the symbol for a Diode on it I suspected that this is the juice back to the battery don't know if this is also some sort of rectifier (very small like one inch X one inch plastic) I took the voltage reading off this and it was a very low reading ….. like 2.5 volts DC.  The other brown wire to me was more like it this wire is just hanging not connected voltage measured 27-32 volt AC.... Both wires have the same push-on connector and I seriously considered switching the wires (connecting the hanging 27-32 volt AC to the Diode and see what happens but I didn't have the courage to do it). 

Questions :   Could I install a new circuit using a external rectifier to the 27 volt AC drop?  Note there is only ONE wire from the stator putting out the 27 volts DC all the Wheel Horse rectifiers I have seen have TWO wires and a B+ tab. Would you try connecting the hot AC volt line to the current Diode/Rectifier?  Could doing this take out the Diode, also If yes and this provides DC output how would I control the amount of charge to the battery.  Do they make ONE wire (AC input Rectifiers) ?

Lots of questions I really need to solve this problem so that the battery stays charged and I can use the starter.  Thanks in advance

• r1jakecfd
      By r1jakecfd
      Hi Guys,
      The Onan in my 520H was running poorly so last month I took the heads off, decarboned, cleaned/reseated the valves, checked valve seats and reassembled with new gasket set. When installing intake manifold, I realized last year (carb cleaning) I forgot to hook up vacuum line from manifold to gauge. Hooked it up correctly this time and ran great. First blizzard yesterday and started snow blowing. After about 15 minutes the became noticeably louder with less power.
      I was wondering firstly if anyone has any idea what went wrong?
      Also, I was thinking about repowering with a Honda or Vanguard and would love opinions on which way to go? Also, should I go with an engine or kit and which company? I’m good at fabrication, etc.

Thanks in advance!
      Happy NewYear
    • Team70R
      By Team70R
      Finally got the Honda Horse dialed in! Even with the factory 6:1 gear reduction on the G300, this thing plows perfectly! Just it will actually plow at an idle in 3rd gear. Doesn't even sputter! Can't wait to hook the dozer blade up to see what it can push

• Team70R
      By Team70R
      Looking for a new drive pulley for my Honda horse but can't find any pulley online with a 7mm keyway! Anyone have any tips? Anyway I could make a 1/4" keyway bigger? Shaft size in 1"
    • Team70R
      By Team70R
      Finished the Honda swap on my 606 and finally got new tires on it! Went for a test drive and it's all revs and no speed! The Honda pulley is a little bigger than the factory Tecumseh pulley so I thought it would be faster! What the heck is going on?! Belt isn't slipping because it'll spin the tires in every gear when I hooked it to my jeep