GlenPettit

Jacks Sm Engine Newsletter

GlenPettit
Lawn Mower Storage Mistakes Exposed!
View this email in your browser
79de2982-dc27-4a67-a92f-6ef2bc9733e7.jpg
e35106dd-662f-4b04-b3e7-2e1a6ea638d3.jpg

Lawn Mower Storage Mistakes Exposed!

Do you want your mower to start back up after several months in hibernation? Then properly preparing it for winter storage is crucial.

Mistake #1: Not Draining Old Fuel
Get that gas out! Drain the tank & fuel bowl, so the gas won't deteriorate, gum-up, and damage the fuel system & carburetor.

See more Storage Mistakes to Avoid »

4c42e43a-9d7d-43a8-b2f0-6cc94853e965.jpg
Fuel Stabilizers
0bfbf4a7-8dfc-4217-b1b2-e4d0ef353e76.jpg
Oil
07aa87c1-8de7-4ece-840c-4b3d71075340.jpg
Oil/Fuel Extractor
7cf072fc-813c-4691-9962-e434baaa8108.jpg
Storage Covers

color-facebook-48.png Share
color-twitter-48.png Tweet
color-forwardtofriend-48.png Forward

Shop for Parts | Shop for Equipment | DIY | Ordering Information | Check Order Status | Find Us | DisclaimerCopyright © 2016 Jacks Small Engines, 1745 Jarrettsville Road, Jarrettsville, MD 21084, All rights reserved.

You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website For order related questions please contact our customer support team at orders@jackssmallengines.com. Please do not reply to this e-mail.Thank You!
unsubscribe from this list    update preferences 

F.Y.I.

This is a free monthly newsletter, with very timely suggestions  (just click: 'Storage Mistakes to Avoid >>'  to open the entire newsletter), it is full of informative and interesting articles each month, almost like a magazine.  If you have ordered from Jacks in the past, you may already be getting it, otherwise, just eMail and ask to be put on their mailing, you will only get this newsletter, no other junk mailings.  Their forum responses are also very interesting, I'm always getting lots of new ideas from this.

Glen

This is a really great newsletter, for all brands, great timely tips & suggestions, plus viewers comments –– not a heavy 'buy our products' thing; you may already get it if you have ordered from them, or just contact and ask to be added.  Their site is packed with ideas & info.

• Like 7

KC9KAS

Thanks @GlenPettit

Wishin4a416

Thanks Glen. I am very bad about taking care of my push mowers. But I still seem to get 10-12 years out of them. I do use non-ethanol fuel though. Motors hold up but the decks go.My fault for sure as I dont clean them much.

JimD

Glen, I merged your duplicate post into this one to keep it all together.
:)

• Like 2

slammer302

I like the info Glen. Straight to the point. Gas goes bad over time so get it out!

Wheel-N-It

Thank you for the info Glen. I tend to not give my push mower the same TLC as the Wheel Horses

JC 1965

I get Jack's news letters also. They are very informative.     :thumbs2:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• D_Mac
      By D_Mac
      So my morning started with a call from a friend of mine asking me if I was interested in WH parts. My friend was a small engine mechanic for many years and I bring him all my small engine repair work. I have said many times I am not a good mechanic.  He has been retired for many years. So he tells me he sold a WH tractor to a man close to 20 yrs ago and the guy called him so see if he was interested in any parts. My friend said no as he dosnt do much work any more as his health is declining. He told the man I might be interested and would it be ok if I called him. That was all the conversation they had. He gave me the number and I called him asking what parts he had and what he wanted for them. Turns out it's the whole tractor my friend sold him close to 20 yrs ago. He told me that he took it to a repair shop and dosnt want to put the money into repairing it he is going to buy new. He told me the repair shop told him needed a starter as the bendix was sticking and something wrong with the carb but he put a brand new seat on it last year. I tell him I am a WH lover and have no need for a tractor but I have 3 WH's in my garage. Then I ask .... " how much are you looking to get for it ?". He tells me I can have it for FREE if I pick it up from the repair shop. He would call the shop and tell them I'm coming to get it. I jump in my truck and race over to get it. While driving there I called my friend. Turns out my friend got the tractor with a broken piston rod. The engine he rebuilt 30 yrs ago. New everything. I said great if it was 20 yrs ago but I wonder what kind of shape it's in now. Well here are the photos. He kept it in great shape. 310-8 with a 48 inch deck that's as solid as it was when new. I took it over to my buddies house who did all the work many years ago. We tinkered with it a few minutes. Turns out the throttle plate had fallen off inside the carb. The plate was just laying in there. One screw was still attached to the stem the other missing. Wondering what kind of damage that tiny brass screw can cause if it got sucked into the engine. Plan is to rebuild the carb and he was going to see if he could find a screw and reattach the plate. Anyone ever come across this issue ever ? My buddy says he never seen that happen before. Then I will either get a new starter or maybe repair the one in there.  Has anyone ever see a throttle plate fall off in a carb before ? What do you think happened to the screw? I can't read the ID tag on the tractor. I don't want to buy a Chinese carb either. Might be looking to replace the whole carb. Suggestions??? Comments??

• WHX??
      By WHX??
      Well went to see Dennys502 in MN while on vacation last week and picked up this 400 he was giving away. Story has it this came from VA after the owner was injured on a WH (not this one)  and he told Toro he didn't want it. Toro legal possibly had it shipped back to MN where Denny worked for Toro and legal asked him if he wanted it. He planned to do somewthing with it but since he is now retired and too busy...lol... He wanted another member to maybe have a crack at it so here we are. Still awfully nice for him to give it away and i promised that if I can't do anything with it I would pass it along to someone else here. We believe it to be an early 60's hence the Clinton motor and seat with out holes. More pictures of it and a different thread once I get going on it.