Sign in to follow this  
1117scooter

MY 1 2631-497224

1117scooter

So here it is, its my first wheel horse that followed me home from an abandoned house we were working on. The old girl was rusted dented and covered in crap and full of grease and water in all the usual places.Pressure washed it rebuilt the carb,cleaned the tank and she fired. After a trip around the parking lot I took it apart and pulled the motor apart to check the internals and regasketed it as well as fixed 2 broken head bolts.Then I started sand blasting and body work-its been awhile since I worked w/body filler but it looks ok to me.The wheels are also done with ag tires on the way for the rear.My next move is paint and reassembly I'll try to be more diligent with the pictures for the rest of the restoration.

100_0728.jpg

100_0729.jpg

TT

Looks good to me! :D I take it you forgot to get the "before" pictures? (I do it all the time. :hide: )

BTW........

Real nice Foley grinder back there too! Is that one of those newer combo bedknife, reel & relief machines?

We have one of their older bedknife grinders and a prehistoric Express Dual 2000 reel grinder from "across the pond" where I work.

So - is Jersey Shore the east coast of New Jersey, or the town in PA? :hide:

whfan74

Great start.....please keep us updated. It looks as though you are really doing things right! Keep up the great work!

TR_DIGGER

What? No, before pictures? :D

Looking good, keep us posted on your work.

And dont forget :hide:

Suburban 550

Nice find. :hide: It was really lucky to get a new home.

1117scooter

Been getting bored waiting for the temps to warm up so I can paint the rest of my tractor so I "mocked it up" and mounted the new wheels just to see how it would look.

As soon as it gets warm I'll be firing up my new home made spray booth. I'm documenting its progress and will offer a full report in the painting section when its ready

:thumbs:

100_0752.jpg

100_0765.jpg

100_0769-1.jpg

100_0764.jpg

Duff

Neil, that's gonna be a fine looking machine when you're done with it! :thumbs:

At the risk of going off-topic for a moment, what is that creature with the wire wheels hidden under the dust cover in the second photo? A T-series MG, maybe?

Cheers!

Duff :whistle:

TT

what is that creature with the wire wheels hidden under the dust cover in the second photo? A T-series MG, maybe?

I'm only guessing, but since Neil is a golf course mechanic, 10 to 1 says it's one of those fancy custom carts.

Duff

Wow! We've got some nice courses up this way but I've never seen anything like that on any of them. Nice machine! :thumbs:

Duff :whistle:

1117scooter

TT you would be correct sir, its a Duesenburg replica based on a Columbia golf cart frame that has been stretched. I 'll snap a few pics Thursday and post them in

the appropriate spot.

WHC-125

TT,

Is their somthing you dont know? :thumbs: