Cadmandu

Just retired

oldredrider

Congrats on your retirement. Good luck finding a C-160 with an Eaton. They originally came with a Sundstrand transmission.

• Like 3

oldlineman

Congrats on your retirement 3 years for me don"t know why I waited so long, if you are like me and worked hard all your life you need a rest. Have a long and healthy retirement.   :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 5

dcrage

Congrats to you Cadman -- I will be joining you at the end of the year!

• Like 1

Daddy Don

Congrats I have been retired 6 years and have enjoyed everyday of it. Just don't turn into a couch potato life is to short. :banana-dreads:   

• Like 3

ronwh

Congrats on your retirement, it has been 1 year for me and I love it.  Stay active.

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Congratulations, I got out at 59 and never looked back. Enjoy yourself, you sure earned it.

Glenn

• Like 2

Kurt-NEPA

Congratulations.  Welcome to the club of More Time than Money and More Money than Energy.

My best advice is - Stay Busy!

• Like 5

953 nut

:woohoo:        I joined the club ten and a half years ago. Between working on Habitat for Humanities builds, projects with our church and the honey-do list I am kept out of trouble. Do the things that will MEAN THE MOST TO YOU FIRST! There are no guarantees on your health or the amount of time God will grant you so don't procrastinate.    :twocents-02cents:

• Like 6

maxiblue

Welcome to the fixed income club:ROTF: now you will have all the time in the world to do as you please. Been retired now 7 years and still don't have enough time to get things done, don't know how I did it when I was working:ROTF:.

• Like 4

KC9KAS

@Cadmandu Good for you....Enjoy!

Jerry77

Been retired 19 years - what can I say?   it  is  great...stopped working at 57 and haven't missed it at all .   could use more money though...:laughing-rofl:  enjoy your retirement and stay busy ..rocking chair is for your 80's.

• Like 1

DougC

I retired early in 2013. My boss sold the car dealership to a company that didn't want any old people.  I said goodbye, good luck and don't bother to call me and try and hire me back when the young guys you hire for peanuts with no experience can't fix anything.......  They called and I hung up on them!   :lol:

Enjoy retirement! I sure am!   :beer:

• Like 9

SylvanLakeWH

Congratulations and wishes for a long and healthy retirement!

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Cadmandu

Thanks for all the good advice and blessings. I started receiving SS in June and just walked out Nov 1st I am 66 and have been earning money since i was 12 years old. Time to get some back. I have a fifteen year old daughter that is going to miss my pay check hope she understands.

• Like 3

953 nut
2 hours ago, Jerry77 said:

rocking chair is for your 80's.

Rocking chair is for the nearly dead; no coincidence they make coffins of the same materials!            :ychain:

• Like 3

JoeM

I gave up the job a couple years back..............don't know how I had time to work! :think:

Congrats!

stevebo

Congrats to you!! I am still in my early 40's so I have to get to 57 and I can retire. I feel my age catching up to me now in my 40's I hope when I am ready to retire I still have the energy to do everything I want to do. Enjoy it and good luck finding a c160

• Like 3

roadapples

Did it myself 6 years ago and have loved every minute of it, ......enjoy     I would also be interested in a Eaton 1100 in a C160. Has anyone done it?

Edited by roadapples
  • Like 1

dclarke

Congrats on your retirement. I got my first S.S. check on Wednesday. 

• Like 3

Cadmandu

Congrats on your retirement. I got my first S.S. check June 15 this year worked til Nov 1st

I have an interview this Tuesday at 9:00 a job closer to home. I use to drive 60 miles a day this will be half that.

I am having trouble adjusting to my new life style.

squonk
On 11/7/2016 at 8:06 PM, 953 nut said:

Rocking chair is for the nearly dead; no coincidence they make coffins of the same materials!            :ychain:

You have a cherry rocking chair with brass knobbies? :confusion-confused: :)

• Like 3

953 nut
21 minutes ago, squonk said:

You have a cherry rocking chair with brass knobbies? :confusion-confused: :)

Not a literal statement, just a saying one of me uncles used when referring to a coffin as a "Pine Box"

• Like 1