BOB ELLISON

analog tachometer for C160

Sarge

I just want to see someone offer up a small low rpm tach - maybe in 2 versions to work with most small engines and not be like the Tiny Tach . Maybe one model to work off the ac stator output and another to work off either the coil negative lead (points/battery) or one of the plug wires . Somehow pre-calibrated would be well worth any asking cost as well .

I'd love to tackle it , but just don't have enough experience in electronics .

Sarge

classicdmax

I also just received said tach from India, and thought I had more room for mounting options on the consol/dash area....but the closer I look there's not much real estate.  I'll have to try to come up with something creative I suppose. I'm fairly handy with 12v systems but would prob have never figured out how to make this work. Thanks for all your work and diligence 

• Like 1

6bg6ga

Here I thought I was going to have to re-invent the wheel and it has already been done for me. I've had tachometers on everything since I was 16 years old. They are in my opinion a vital necessary piece of equipment that should be on any tractor and or repair bench. Great thread all three pages of it. I don't have to research for the best economical tach to buy because someone took care of that.

Is anyone using the tach filter in conjunction with the stator operated tach? Is it necessary to obtain the correct meter movement?  I have a hand held tach just a phone call away so that will make thing easy to calibrate the tach for the Onan twin I plan to use it on.  

• Like 1

cschannuth
On 11/17/2016 at 7:20 PM, BOB ELLISON said:

I have not given up yet. I just ordered a 2 1/6 " tackometer from India that I'm hoping will work on my C160 . I will find one that works yet. I'll have to buy a handheld tackometer to verify that it works but if it does I'll post all I know.

$_1.jpg

Did you ever get one set up the way you want?  I’d buy a couple. 

Thanks 

BOB ELLISON

@cschannuth yes I got one  on my C160 and it's works very good. 

I've got another one I'm going to try on my 314 as soon as this cold weather Ever leaves Michigan. 

Edited by BOB ELLISON
  • Like 1