T-Mo

New Rear Tires for the 416-8

Wheel-N-It

Sweet T-Mo:handgestures-thumbupright:

Don't forget the pics!

• Like 1

T-Mo

Pictures of new tires mounted and on tractor.  Afterwards I went out and smooth out the top part of the driveway near the highway with this setup.  I normally use my JD GX345 for that, but I had to make the 416 earn the new tires.

IMG_0357.JPG

IMG_0358.JPG

• Like 6

Tankman

Nice donuts! Now the Horse needs a new tail light to finish the project.  :woohoo:

• Like 1

Sparky

What brand tire?

Mike....

• Like 1

T-Mo
9 minutes ago, Sparky said:

What brand tire?

Mike....

Hi-Run 23 x 10.5 x 12.  Bought from TSC.  From my research when I bought my first set of Hi-Runs a few years back from TSC, Hi-Runs are made in New Zealand from old Carlisle tire molds.  I'm not sure if all of them are made from those molds, but I had good success with Hi-Runs so far.  This is my third set of them.  My JD GX345, that you can see in front of the 416, has a set of them.  And I have been to two different plow days with these tires without issue.  I also had a set on my JD 316 Onan and that tractor has been to a few plow days with Hi-Runs on it.  They're not the best, but for the price, they do okay.

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

I sure like how those tires look T-Mo. So are they mounted on the stock 416 wheel? Not the wider 520 wheel?

Reason I'm asking is for guidance on future tire purchases. If the 10.5 tires mount up no problem to the narrower wheel then I'll go with the 10.5 for my next tire upgrade over the 8.5 AG's.

• Like 2

T-Mo
16 minutes ago, Wheel-N-It said:

I sure like how those tires look T-Mo. So are they mounted on the stock 416 wheel? Not the wider 520 wheel?

Reason I'm asking is for guidance on future tire purchases. If the 10.5 tires mount up no problem to the narrower wheel then I'll go with the 10.5 for my next tire upgrade over the 8.5 AG's.

Yes, they're mounted onto the stock 416 rims.  And I still have about an inch gap between the tires and the seat mounting bracket (which is the closest thing to the tires).  They seem to be taller than the 23 x 9.50 turf tires that were original to the tractor, so they are a bit closer to the fender deck, but still have enough clearance.

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

they fill out the back real nice, stout, beefy, wide look.

Glenn

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Thank you T-Mo. That's the information i need:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

JC 1965

Those tires look great on your tractor. You should get very good traction also. Thanks for sharing.   :thumbs2:

• Like 1