Sign in to follow this  
Jman6

Adjustment question on snowblower

Buzz

Yep...I wear a size 13 Brama boot...but size 14 in Red Wing?

I

:hide::D :hide:

GlenPettit

Don't forget about Tire Pressure: 10# Summer and 20# Winter, that gives at least 1/2" extra diameter or "off the ground clearance" (That 200# Blower really does weigh down on the front rubber tires a lot).

[is the helper Spring is on?]

Michigan Glen

Jman6

TT, I think I know what you are asking. Measure from the floor to the top hole of where the flag goes in? (I am guessing)

Or is it the center front part of the tractor?

Not sure what you mean I guess. Sorry.

Not sure if I will even need the snow blower anymore this winter, dang weather is crazy here! I got 14-16 inches of snow on mon. night and the last 2 days it has been in the mid 40's and raining. Did toro make a sump pump for flooding that attaches to a 312-8? If so I might need one! :hide:

Dangit!!! I love winter and it feels more like spring!

Thanks for all the help, will try and get the measurements tonight or tomorrow. Might be tomorrow, kids have a ton of stuff going on tonight and I might be tied up with that crap before I can get to the tractor!

TT

I need the measurement from the floor to the center of the horizontal "pin" on the snowthrower frame where it is snapped in to the Attach-Matic hitch on the front of the tractor frame.

Horseyfan

I had the same problem with my 312 not lifting up enough. I don't have a pic, but I just made a spacer out of some thick tubing I had laying around. The part that attaches to the flag has a couple of washers on it and slides into the main tube. I made a 3 inch spacer to put between them and it lifted the front about another 2 inches without causing any problems.

Ken in Iowa

I have an almost identical setup as JMAN6, and also had to lengthen the lift tube about 1 1/2" to get it to raise to about 5" off the ground. I used a piece of tube as a spacer last year and It appeared to work properly until I removed the blower in the spring, and found that the spacer had acted like a pipe bender, and caused the 3/4" bar on the flag to bend, right where the spacer met the lift tube pipe. :thumbs:

I beat the 3/4" bar on the flag back straight with a sledge, and welded the spacer on the end of the lift tube pipe, and haven't had any problems with the flag bending since. A couple of washers to fine tune the lift height would probably be fine, but I didn't have good luck with a long spacer. Just my two cents on the subject.

Looking at JMAN's pictures also make me wonder if our blowers are level enough, front to back. The side plates on TT's blower, when setting on level ground appear to be closer to level than mine and JMAN's. I've been having problems with my 3/4" lift tube attachment pin, on the back of the blower, hitting the ground in conditions where I have to go over a slight hump. I've got one place where theres a crack in the cement that the pin drops into, and makes a heck of a clunk, when I hit it. When setting on level ground, and the blower lowered, the pin only clears the cement by about 1/4". I have to jack the blower up, to put the lift tube on the pin. There isn't enough clearance to slip it under.

TT brings up a good point about the distance to the center of the bar on the attach-matic hitch. Mines 13 1/2" high also. I think it would operate a lot better if it was 14 1/4" as TT's other tractor is. This would give me more ground clearance on the pin, and maybe have allowed me to use a shorter lift tube, to get the lift height?

I had been thinking about heating and straightening the two side bars on the blower that go to the AttachMatic hitch, a small amount, to try and get more clearance for the pin. That should also allow a shorter lift tube, and give more height on the lift. Now after following this thread, I'm not sure.

What does the group think. Should the side plates on the blower housings be level, when attached to the tractor, on level ground?

Blowing snow every other day in Iowa.