Anglo Traction

Fuel System Drain/Prime

Anglo Traction

Been a while since I last posted regularly, but have kept busy and as I've now been able to renew my Supporter-ship, I can post pics as well .

Because my 2 WHs don't get worked over winter ( often no snow in S.E. England), I wanted to sort a way to prep them for storage.

Also, as I had other maintenance jobs to do on both which involved Carbs/ New Fuel Pumps and new Inline Filters, I decided to fit Fuel drain systems to them both.

I obtained 2 Fuel Taps which needed to have one inlet machined and threaded-

DSC01585.JPG

These were to screw into fabricated Copper 'T' pieces, as this would only need 2 extra hose clamps .

Only other thing to do was to make up a short bracket to secure the Tap to an existing convenient point out of the way and at the lowest point in the Fuel System-

DSC01589.JPG

DSC01623.JPG

So I can now drain both systems, and I can prime the system by leaving the Tank Valve closed while I pump fuel to the Pump and Carb first.

Then open the Tank Valve and pump fuel in up to the Tank which eliminates any Air Locks at the same time.

Once Fuel shows in the Tank, I just close the valve and finish filling the Tank  as normal.

Both fired up after only a few seconds of turning on the Starter........I'm sure others have done this, but thought it may be of interest to some.  

• Like 6

Sparky

Nice mod!

Mike....

Terry M
42 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Nice mod!

Mike....

I Agree!!  very good idea:handgestures-thumbupright:....

JC 1965

Very clever idea. Thanks for sharing.    :thumbs2: