Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Redneck Plow Day Nov. 11-12, 2016 Marietta, SC

T-Mo

icon14.png Fall Redneck Plow Day Nov 11th-12th. Marietta SC

Fall members from our southern-most parts, this was posted on WFM, so I'm sharing it here.

Vince has been working hard for us to have another plow day. If you were able to join us last year, its going to be at the same place. If didnt get to join us last year, you missed some of the best plowing we've ever had at a Redneck Plow Day!!
We will have a much bigger field(s) than what we were in last year, and Sam (the farm owner) is trying to gather up some other guys from the local tractor club and have them bring their bigger tractors and put them in the corn stubble. The garden tractors will be where the tomatoes were.
There will be a porta-jon on site for those that need it,and as of right now, bring your own lunch, or you can run back in to thelittle town to the gas station/Burger King/ Subway.

Sam's farm is located at:
707 Pumpkintown Road
Marietta SC 29661

November 11th and 12th with the following weekend being the rain date.

Anyone coming in from out of town usually stays at the Sleep Inn located in Travelers Rest, however, they have now changed names and are now:
Travelers Rest Inn.
864) 834-7040
Dont forget to mention the AAA discount. I think that brought the rate down to $109?.. I have half-timers already. I think.

We typically in the past have done a little friday afternoon/evening plowing and then go in to Travelers Rest for a group supper. Years past has been at the Golden Corral, so everyone can feel miserable eating what they like.

If you have anything you would like to sell, bring it!!

Looking forward to turning some dirt!

T-Mo

Pictures from the plow day (originally posted on WFM).

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

• Like 1