W/H JUNKY

310 8 stalls when I go down hill

W/H JUNKY

Hi all.  When driving my 310-8 down any large or slight hill or even if I hit the clutch and brake fast it will try to stall. I can climb a hill or even drive parallel with a hill and it runs fine. Today I took off the bowl off the carb and the float seems to move up and down just fine. Any help would greatly appreciated.

mikehusky455

I doubt being the yr.of it but maybe oil getting to low on the downhill and shutting off motor.my early 90's regular mtd mower with a flathead 12hp briggs would do that when oil was low.that didn't have a oil sensor either..

gwest_ca

These models don't have a low oil switch connected to the ignition. Some are wired to the start circuit to prevent a start up with low oil.

Does this happen only when the pto is ON? If so it may be that your seat switch is too sensitive. The seat switch controls the ignition with the pto ON. Try adjusting the switch or add to the button so it is depressed a bit more with operator in the seat.

Garry

W/H JUNKY

That was it. I would have never thought about that. It was about 3/4 of a quart low. Thank you guys so much. Redsquare has always helped me out on every issue I have ever had. Thanks again to both of you. Chris.

• Like 1

mikehusky455

no problem,wouldn't realy think of it knowing theres no low oil shutdown,but like I said neither did my 12hp and that would do it even on flat areas,hope it stays running for ya.