Achto

Any one heard of a Stedi Seat?

Achto

I recently picked up a Mutt :wh: tractor. I was picking at it a little tonight and noticed how comfy the seat was on it. Looking it over I found that it was a Stedi Seat made by the Ohio rubber Co. I was just wondering if any one had heard of these seats?

Another question I have is what can I put on the seat so that my bum does not turn black from the rubber seat?

Gave it a quick once over with some Simple Green, starting to clean up nice.

IMG_20161027_185426068-min.jpg 

The rubber seat it fully suspended above the metal pan. Lets you sink in a little for some extra cushion.

IMG_20161027_185441435-min.jpg

Looks like I should be able to take it apart so I can blast & paint the pan. Definitely want to use it on a build.

• Like 5

JimD

I'd check the local Tractor Supply store and see if they have any covers that can be put over a tractor seat. Somebody out there has to have something that would work. You could also check with buckrancher a member here. His wife Jo makes seat covers for the metal seat pans on the older Horses. If you sent that to her sha might be able to make a custom cover for it to keep black color from rubbing off onto your backside. :)

• Like 2

RedRanger
On 10/27/2016 at 8:20 PM, achto said:

I recently picked up a Mutt :wh: tractor. I was picking at it a little tonight and noticed how comfy the seat was on it. Looking it over I found that it was a Stedi Seat made by the Ohio rubber Co. I was just wondering if any one had heard of these seats?

Another question I have is what can I put on the seat so that my bum does not turn black from the rubber seat?

Gave it a quick once over with some Simple Green, starting to clean up nice.

IMG_20161027_185426068-min.jpg 

The rubber seat it fully suspended above the metal pan. Lets you sink in a little for some extra cushion.

IMG_20161027_185441435-min.jpg

Looks like I should be able to take it apart so I can blast & paint the pan. Definitely want to use it on a build.

Looks like a Cub Cadet seat from a 102 model to me.  I know they were molded rubber and had suspension.

Other than color, looks just like yours.  Has yours been spray dyed?

Copy_2_of_cub_cadets_pete_002.jpg

168853.jpg

I'd bet the Rotary low back seat cover would fit.

I've got a mid rise Rotary on my 867 and they are nice quality.

http://www.mfgsupply.com/21-6622.html?source=googleps&gclid=CKzQ8s2bhdACFQgpaQodotcFtw

• Like 1

Achto
8 minutes ago, RedRanger said:

Has yours been spray dyed?

I don't believe so, the color seems to be all the way through. I did find a pic of another black one on the web.

You're right it looks just like the seat on the 102.

RedRanger
22 minutes ago, achto said:

I don't believe so, the color seems to be all the way through. I did find a pic of another black one on the web.

You're right it looks just like the seat on the 102.

I wonder if the Cadet seats had a white vinyl heat shrunk over them?  Maybe you have one with the cover removed?

I suppose if the company was making seats for CC, they may have made generic black ones too though?????

Edited by RedRanger

Achto
1 minute ago, RedRanger said:

I wonder if the Cadet seats had a white vinyl heat shrunk over them?  Maybe you have one with the cover removed?

That is possible. They may have also made black ones to sell as aftermarket seats. I'm really surprised at how well the rubber has held up, definitely most have been kept out of the weather. 

RedRanger
1 minute ago, achto said:

That is possible. They may have also made black ones to sell as aftermarket seats. I'm really surprised at how well the rubber has held up, definitely most have been kept out of the weather. 

I've always liked the early CC models 100-125 and the rubber seats breaking down is one of the largest complaints and hard to find parts.  They go for $100 or better on Ebay in good condition.

Achto
3 minutes ago, RedRanger said:

They go for $100 or better on Ebay in good condition

Dang! Maybe I should let mine go instead of using it. :think: