Fun Engineer

3000 watt generator. What's it worth question

Fun Engineer

So Mrs. Fun Engineer was out picking up a CL desk and somehow got to talking to the seller about tractors. He says he has a wh generator that he'd like to sell. Here's a few pictures she took of his setup.

I realize that it has been modified and I don't know if it currently works although he said it was used recently but what do you think it's worth? I think he wants to sell both motors with the generator but I'm really only interested in the generator. 

So so any suggestions on what it's worth and would it be possible to locate an original mount?

Thanks. 

IMG_2603.JPG

IMG_2604.JPG

IMG_2605.JPG

• Like 2

Achto

Maybe around $300 to $400. I would try to get it for less though.

Edited by achto
  • Like 1

Racinbob

Wheel horse generators are pretty pricey and fairly hard to find but it sure is nice not to have another motor to maintain. I bought a 5kw at the big show from a member here for $650 with the original mount and I think I did OK. Finding a mount alone could be a trick but it would be pretty easy to fabricate one. For that 3kw I would probably offer him $300ish. :)

• Like 2

Fun Engineer

Thanks for your advice guys. I'm probably going to pass on it. I've got a Honda 2000i and a Wheel House 5000 watt so I don't really need another. Just thought if I could pick it up cheap that it would look good mounted on one of the Wheel Horse's.