Wheel-N-It

Show Us Your 414's !

Wheel-N-It

Wow! Three fine 857's! I'm lovin' it:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Wish I had one to show you Van.........your working late in the garage tonight.

Glenn

Wheel-N-It
13 minutes ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Wish I had one to show you Van.........your working late in the garage tonight.

Glenn

I was working late Glenn, but now I'm just kicking back listening to some music. Need a little rest so I can get up tomorrow and go trade another eight hours of my life for money. :confusion-waiting:

Edited by Wheel-N-It
  • Like 5

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
50 minutes ago, Wheel-N-It said:

I was working late Glenn, but now I'm just kicking back listening to some music. Need a little rest so I can get up tomorrow and go trade another eight hours of my life for money. :confusion-waiting:

Van, I knew that drill for many years. But eventually that will come to pass. Quick as the sands in that hour glass in your post.

Glenn

• Like 3

Tankman

Great Horses, love Kohler engines. Here's a 416-8 sittin' with a 414-8 Magnum Kohler.

416-414-Plows-www.JPG

414-8W.JPG

• Like 5

Retired Wrencher

Van I with you Bud it is nice to see a verity of different models. she looks she is getting there. May be a quick buff bring back some color. May be change out the fuel line? May be run some Seafoam thru it. She looks like it will a great worker for you. Enjoy!

Edited by T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER.
  • Like 1

953 nut
8 hours ago, 857 horse said:

.you said:banana-angel::banana-angel::banana-dreads::banana-dreads:. 414........but this is as close as i can get... 

Howard, three 857s; that equals  2571;                           :woohoo:                        Howard is an over-achiever.........way beyond 414!

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

Can't help with a 400 pic Van, but I am curious.   What is different between the 300 and 400 tractors?

BTW, we old geezers do :text-thankyouyellow: for keeping our SS checks from bouncing.

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It
7 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Van, I knew that drill for many years. But eventually that will come to pass. Quick as the sands in that hour glass in your post.

Glenn

Congratulations on your retirement Glenn. Reading your RS postings let's me know this is a good time in your life. Hopefully I will join your ranks in about 2 & 1/2 years.

2 hours ago, Tankman said:

Great Horses, love Kohler engines. Here's a 416-8 sittin' with a 414-8 Magnum Kohler.

416-414-Plows-www.JPG

414-8W.JPG

Tankman, that's a mighty fine looking 414-8 you have! And its still earning its keep during the Winter months too :)

1 hour ago, T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER. said:

Van I with you Bud it is nice to see a verity of different models. she looks she is getting there. May be a quick buff bring back some color. May be change out the fuel line? May be run some Seafoam thru it. She looks like it will a great worker for you. Enjoy!

Yes Sir, this one has al o t of potential. I'm the second owner of this one. It was bought and used by the original owner to mow a 1/4 acre lot on a lake front, and groom the driveway with a brinley blade. All I've done with it since bringing it here three years ago is pull a trailer and lawn sweeper around. With a good waxing it will shine like new money.

59 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Can't help with a 400 pic Van, but I am curious.   What is different between the 300 and 400 tractors?

BTW, we old geezers do :text-thankyouyellow: for keeping our SS checks from bouncing.

Ed, I do believe the 414 was basically the same as the 312 with the exception of the 414 has two more horsepower, the eight inch front wheels, but does not have an hour meter whereas the 312 does have an hour meter. Also I think the 414 cost a little more to purchase than the 312 LOL 

And you are welcome for my contributions to your SS fund LOL but you better be quick cashing your checks in September 2019 because I'll be racing you to the bank then to get mine cashed first :lol:

Edited by Wheel-N-It
  • Like 3

T-Mo

Maybe we should have "Show Us Your 400 Series".  I don't have a 414-8, but I do have a 416-8.  Looks better with the new seat.

2016-10-01 16.16.42.jpg

2016-10-01 16.16.54.jpg

416-8 Seat 2.jpg

416-8 Seat 1.jpg

• Like 3

oldlineman

Hi guys I love my 1989 414-8 but mine does have an hour meter with 967 hours on its original motor. No smoke just lots of power, love it. Bob

Edited by oldlineman
  • Like 1

oldlineman

Thats my 1979 101-8 in my picture still going strong also, buy the way that is my daughter on my lap also born in 1979, she is still going strong also!

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

T-Mo, how many hours are on the meter of your 416?

Hey  Bob, yours is the first 414 I've heard of with an hour meter. And BTW, my daughter was born in 1979. She will be 37 on the 30th of this month :)

T-Mo
19 minutes ago, Wheel-N-It said:

T-Mo, how many hours are on the meter of your 416?

Hey  Bob, yours is the first 414 I've heard of with an hour meter. And BTW, my daughter was born in 1979. She will be 37 on the 30th of this month :)

Meter shows over 3600 hours.  I'm the third owner of this tractor.  I bought it from a guy who claimed that he got it from the original owner who bought it new.  I don't see any dealer stickers on it, but it probably came from Muellers in Desoto, Missouri.  Still runs good, drives good, though it is showing some signs of smoke, mainly on start up.  I have the deck for it, but it needs one spindle.  I wouldn't mind doing a small refresh of the sheet metal.

oldlineman

Great,mine was born on August 12,1979, but still my little girl! But we regress, my 414-8,I am second owner has one and have no reason to believe that it is not original. Tractor had around 500 hours when bought and has not given me any problems.

Edited by oldlineman

oldlineman

Just realized that my sons birthday is Nov. 30 also he will be 31 small world Happy Birthday too your daughter! Bob

Edited by oldlineman

Tankman

Did change the 414-8 seat, now a high back. TSC off the shelf.

Foot rests are now anti-slip. Been using for years and works great, course skateboard grip tape. One $5 piece will cover both foot rests.

I cut the tape with a paper cutter, straight cuts.. Also use the grip tape with the "micro holes" no bubbles.

WH-Skateboard.jpg

• Like 2

T-Mo
1 hour ago, Ken B said:

ALWAYS one to follow rules, here is a pic of my 414-8. :ROTF: I picked it up at a tag sale for 150 bucks and gave it a decent worker refurb. I'll have to find a before pic. I've had 416's with Kohler 16's on them and I really don't notice a big difference in power. I think the 414's are one of the best trouble free workers out there...

20160626_122943_zps2w59ojww.jpg

Ken, that is one nice looking tractor.  My 416 has the 16 hp Kohler Magnum.  So Kohler either way.  Your 414 is one excellent looking machine.  I like it.

Wheel-N-It
6 hours ago, T-Mo said:

Meter shows over 3600 hours.  I'm the third owner of this tractor.  I bought it from a guy who claimed that he got it from the original owner who bought it new.  I don't see any dealer stickers on it, but it probably came from Muellers in Desoto, Missouri.  Still runs good, drives good, though it is showing some signs of smoke, mainly on start up.  I have the deck for it, but it needs one spindle.  I wouldn't mind doing a small refresh of the sheet metal.

3600 hours ?!?!?! That's like mowing 8 hours a day 5 days a week every week for almost two years! I'd like to see somebody try that with a Lowes or Home Depot special.

My Magnum 416 had about 750 hours on it and the K powered 416 has a little over 800 hours on the clock. Boy at this rate, I will never wear them out LOL

Ken and Tankman, you guys have some handsome tractors :)

• Like 3

MalMac

Here's my 414 with a 520 steering reduction and Ark loader.IMG_1991.JPG

• Like 6

Wishin4a416

Here is mine Van  but it is no longer a Tractor. All in pieces in my shed. I have pilfered quite a few parts over the years.

IMG_1853.JPG

• Like 4

can whlvr

here are my 2,both are great,and both were cheap buysIMG_0523.jpg

082-1.jpg

Edited by can whlvr
  • Like 4