AlwaysLookin80

Clearly suburbans. 

IMG_3973.PNG

• Like 2

Achto

Made an offer waaay below his asking price and was turned down.:( Oh well !!:D

• Like 1

AlwaysLookin80

lol, did you tell him they were suburbans too and then listen to him say he didn't know. Lol

Achto
17 minutes ago, J.A. said:

lol, did you tell him they were suburbans too and then listen to him say he didn't know. Lol

Actually I sent him a friendly FYI about his post yesterday morning, and made no comment on his price. When I saw that he had not changed his post today, I sent him an insulting offer. Really hope no one falls for his price or attempted deception.

Achto

Truthfully the offer was fair in my eyes, probably insulting in his eyes though.

CasualObserver

Why are you guys so bent out of shape on this? People mis-list model numbers all the time. Maybe he/she really thinks they are RJ-58s because that's what whoever sold or gave them to him/her said, and they're far more likely to believe their source than someone who randomly emails them.1958 RJ...1960 Suburban... not a big difference in appearances or value... and even less to the untrained eye. Would you be jumping all over them if they had listed a pair of Nineteen eighty whatever 211-4 tractors but they really had 257-H's?  Or Commando 6s instead of Commando 8s?  I know if I had something for sale on CL and someone emailed me to "FYI" or correct me... their email would go straight to the top of the who gives a crap list. Of course I would take the trouble to research what I actually had before trying to sell it.

• Like 5

jellyghost

Why not report/flag the post to CL?

CasualObserver

Far bigger things to worry about in life than some guy mislabeling something he's selling.

• Like 4

AlwaysLookin80
16 minutes ago, CasualObserver said:

Why are you guys so bent out of shape on this? People mis-list model numbers all the time. Maybe he/she really thinks they are RJ-58s because that's what whoever sold or gave them to him/her said, and they're far more likely to believe their source than someone who randomly emails them.1958 RJ...1960 Suburban... not a big difference in appearances or value... and even less to the untrained eye. Would you be jumping all over them if they had listed a pair of Nineteen eighty whatever 211-4 tractors but they really had 257-H's?  Or Commando 6s instead of Commando 8s?  I know if I had something for sale on CL and someone emailed me to "FYI" or correct me... their email would go straight to the top of the who gives a crap list. Of course I would take the trouble to research what I actually had before trying to sell it.

As I originally stated, I'm not trying to jump on the guy for misslabeling, I was warning fellow members THAT DONT KNOW THE RJ MODEL WELL to be aware that they are suburbans in case they believe they are really rjs and respond to the add to try to purchase them. I'm trying to lookout for our fellow members that's all, I can give a rats tail about him or the add. And the guy does know they are suburbans because I asked him "how much for the suburbans" and he said to make a offer so it's not accidental mislabeling, it's ignorance. 

• Like 5

ClassicTractorProfessor

Glad you are looking out for the fellow members who may not know better...I know there are several out there who could make this mistake (myself possibly included, as I'm still soaking up any information I can) who might buy these based on what the owner is stating that they are, only to be disappointed later on down the line. This is one of the many reasons I love RedSquare...members looking out for fellow members

I know myself wanting an RJ but not knowing much about them would be extremely upset if I bought these, only to find they weren't what I was told they were

• Like 4

Wishin4a416

I have seen a D 200 or 250 posted lately on ebay and in fact it is a 522xi. Either misinformed or posted the wrong pictures.

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor
1 minute ago, Wishin4a416 said:

I have seen a D 200 or 250 posted lately on ebay and in fact it is a 522xi. Either misinformed or posted the wrong pictures.

Now that's quite a difference in machines...I'm a newbie to this hobby but I know the difference between a d series and an Xi lol

squonk

Sometimes a seller doesn't know what he has. I had a guy approach me at a show and wanted to know if I would be interested in a 56 Wheel Horse. I asked him if he was sure it was a 56 and he told me he had it at a local long time WHdealer who said it was a 56. I get to the guy's house and it's a L 156 Lawn Ranger! :(

• Like 1

AlwaysLookin80
1 hour ago, Professor1990 said:

Glad you are looking out for the fellow members who may not know better...I know there are several out there who could make this mistake (myself possibly included, as I'm still soaking up any information I can) who might buy these based on what the owner is stating that they are, only to be disappointed later on down the line. This is one of the many reasons I love RedSquare...members looking out for fellow members

I know myself wanting an RJ but not knowing much about them would be extremely upset if I bought these, only to find they weren't what I was told they were

All I was trying to do. 

• Like 1

oldredrider

"No good deed goes unpunished"

• Like 3

pfrederi
12 hours ago, J.A. said:

All I was trying to do. 

I also am glad you took the time to post this  THANK YOU

• Like 1