Sign in to follow this  
clueless

Gravely Muffler ?

clueless

I remember reading some where that the gravely replacement muffler that NAPA sales can be used ether way, inlet can be the outlet, outlet can be the inlet, anybody know if this is true?

ohiofarmer

I messed around a bit and could not believe the difference in asking prices for this muffler. Be sure to evaluate the shipping costs before you buy.

Here is the cheapest I found so far  http://www.pressureparts.com/105-262

All I did was get the Gravely original parts number and put it in Google.

CasualObserver

I get them here. Always been the cheapest short of getting your own distributorship. Really inexpensive for Kohler carb kits as well.

http://www.psep.biz/store/gravely_mower_mufflers.htm

gravely muffler.png

• Like 1

clueless

Gentlemen, thanks for your help but I know where to buy them, my question was can it be used ether way, inlet used as the outlet, outlet as the inlet, reversed from how you have them mounted?  

Fun Engineer

The pipe sizes are diff. Will that help determine whether you can use either end?

1 1/4" outlet

1 5/16" inlet

Edited by Fun Engineer

CasualObserver
2 hours ago, clueless said:

Gentlemen, thanks for your help but I know where to buy them, my question was can it be used ether way, inlet used as the outlet, outlet as the inlet, reversed from how you have them mounted?  

Sorry, I haven't run it backwards but can offer this reasoning.... Installing it normally is stepping down from 1-5/16 at the inlet to 1-1/4 at the outlet creating slight backpressure. Going the other way will likely reduce that. I don't think our small HP engines really rely that heavily on the backpressure anyway. 

gwest_ca

Got one from Stens and it was made by Nelson in the USA. Wonder if the country of origin is affecting the cost?

Garry