Dhodge

Suburban Dually

oliver2-44

Won that looks sharp, especially wit the hub caps!

AlwaysLookin80

Very nice. I had a dual wheel suburban and wish I never sold it 

WHX??

Nice :handgestures-thumbupright:...I got a door it will fit through...be right over to get it :ychain:

• Like 5

Dhodge
12 minutes ago, J.A. said:

Very nice. I had a dual wheel suburban and wish I never sold it 

I had quite a collection of different models, over 30, and started selling them a year or so ago.  I sold most of what I had collected except a couple RL's, a couple suburban's, c-120, 520-H, 856 and a 418-A.  Know I have my complete workshop back and don't have to move anything to work on a project.  I miss some of them, but it sure is nice to work on something without doing a bunch of extra work to get at a tool.

• Like 2

clueless

Do these new tires make my butt look big:rolleyes:.

• Like 4

Dhodge
1 minute ago, clueless said:

I love it.  Maybe that was the idea behind putting those on hugh!!!!  I am probably a bit to large to be riding Suburban's and RJ's butt (no pun) I do anyways.

• Like 1

CasualObserver
2 hours ago, Dhodge said:

I'm gonna need a new place to house it though because she will no longer fit through the shed door. 

Yep... amazing how much wider a few inches on each side can get! 

AMC RULES

Nice, but your adapters are way too wide.

You can expect to see those axle seals to start leaking soon...

if they're not already.  :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1

AlwaysLookin80
2 hours ago, Dhodge said:

I had quite a collection of different models, over 30, and started selling them a year or so ago.  I sold most of what I had collected except a couple RL's, a couple suburban's, c-120, 520-H, 856 and a 418-A.  Know I have my complete workshop back and don't have to move anything to work on a project.  I miss some of them, but it sure is nice to work on something without doing a bunch of extra work to get at a tool.

Same reason I sold 3 suburbans, a cub original and a Rj this year. Space.

Dhodge
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

Nice, but your adapters are way too wide.

You can expect to see those axle seals to start leaking soon...

if they're not already.  :confusion-shrug:

I know my adapters are for the larger 400 and 500 series tractors.  I need to make a pair for this little guy, but I did not know that would make the axle seals leak.  Maybe I should take them off.  They are not leaking because I just put them on Sunday.  Thanks for the heads up

• Like 1

RedRanger
5 hours ago, Dhodge said:

Found some ag tires and rims at a old gas tractor show.  I blasted and painted the rims and mounted them on this little guy.  I kinda like the look.  I'm gonna need a new place to house it though because she will no longer fit through the shed door. 

front dually.JPG

rear dually.JPG

It's a ROW CROPPER!!!!

I like it.

• Like 1

ACman

@Dhodge first off that's a great looking suburban , love the  duals  and want to thank you for getting me into this hobby . He sold me my first two :wh:horses a RJ and 702 he also told me about Red Square . I couldn't believe someone could have so many tractors in such a small place . Boy if I only new what was in store for me this past year . Totally get why you cut back , that's one heck of a shop you have and should be proud ! It's :wicked: cool ...it deserves its own thread .

• Like 2

Dhodge
2 hours ago, ACman said:

@Dhodge first off that's a great looking suburban , love the  duals  and want to thank you for getting me into this hobby . He sold me my first two :wh:horses a RJ and 702 he also told me about Red Square . I couldn't believe someone could have so many tractors in such a small place . Boy if I only new what was in store for me this past year . Totally get why you cut back , that's one heck of a shop you have and should be proud ! It's :wicked: cool ...it deserves its own thread .

Thanks ACman, I'm glad to have helped get you started into a great hobby.  My shop also serves as my hideout, my get away.  I get a lot of satisfaction out of being able to do so many different things right here at home.  It's also pretty amazing what a guy can teach himself to do with the right tools at hand.

Maybe I will posts in the new thread one day with a few pics of the shop.

• Like 5

benji756

I'm just down the road in Perry and I have room in my garage for it! I will give you visitation rights!

Retired Wrencher

Dhodge  Cool looking ride you have there. She is a beauty. Enjoy. 

JC 1965
20 hours ago, clueless said:

I can not tell a lie. Yes they do. BUT,  I love it.         :ROTF: