benji756

Snow crew

DennisThornton

At least in my environment, near the Canadian border, both blade AND blower are required for snow removal!  Blade will handle light storms and blade will cleanup after the blower moves the heavy snows.  Point is that I most always use the blade for final cleanup!  Wouldn't be without it!  Otherwise the little bit that the blower leaves builds up, partially melts and refreezes and later turns into ice and causes me to fall and brake my ankle... really!  So up here I like to try to scrape the drive clean and hope some sun comes through to "burn" off the remainder so I can start with a completely bare driveway again!

I'm so serious about this (broken ankle!) that I also intend to add a Sweepster!  But blower and blade is a very nice combo until then!

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 4

Wishin4a416

Nice crew. You will be getting the white stuff before me at your latitude. Looks good.

• Like 1

pfrederi
9 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

At least in my environment, near the Canadian border, both blade AND blower are required for snow removal!  Blade will handle light storms and blade will cleanup after the blower moves the heavy snows.  Point is that I most always use the blade for final cleanup!  Wouldn't be without it!  Otherwise the little bit that the blower leaves builds up, partially melts and refreezes and later turns into ice and causes me to fall and brake my ankle... really!  So up here I like to try to scrape the drive clean and hope some sun comes through to "burn" off the remainder so I can start with a completely bare driveway again!

I'm so serious about this (broken ankle!) that I also intend to add a Sweepster!  But blower and blade is a very nice combo until then!

Thanks for sharing!

If you have any wind at all you might want to think twice about a sweepster. You can't change the angle so you sort of have to wait until there is no wind (very rare here) or coming from the right direction.  It takes me several days to sweep the stones back into the driveway and back on to the road in the spring as I have to wait for optimal wind conditions to do one side then wait again to do the other.  Also you will want a dedicated tractor...they are the most difficult to mount implement I have ever seen.  They are also incredibly nose heavy so you will need  a lot of weights and chains especially on slippery surfaces.

Edited by pfrederi

DougC

That combination should be able to kick old man winters a$$ for sure!    :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Pollack Pete

VERY nice snow team.Supposed to get flurries here on Thursday.

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:...with overnight temps dipping down into the 20's.

Image result for shivering cold smiley

• Like 1

DennisThornton
9 hours ago, pfrederi said:

If you have any wind at all you might want to think twice about a sweepster. You can't change the angle so you sort of have to wait until there is no wind (very rare here) or coming from the right direction.  It takes me several days to sweep the stones back into the driveway and back on to the road in the spring as I have to wait for optimal wind conditions to do one side then wait again to do the other.  Also you will want a dedicated tractor...they are the most difficult to mount implement I have ever seen.  They are also incredibly nose heavy so you will need  a lot of weights and chains especially on slippery surfaces.

I'm slowly telling myself that I already have a walk-behind BCS with a rotary brush that is much more maneuverable and I think it swings both ways.  And yes indeed, it would go on and STAY on a tractor.  I'm pretty much done swapping attachments!

Thanks for the comments!  One of the things that makes this group so great!

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor
30 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

I'm slowly telling myself that I already have a walk-behind BCS with a rotary brush that is much more maneuverable and I think it swings both ways.  And yes indeed, it would go on and STAY on a tractor.  I'm pretty much done swapping attachments!

Thanks for the comments!  One of the things that makes this group so great!

Dennis, the BCS is two bolts and nuts to attach the brush! Wish I had one.

DennisThornton
1 minute ago, shallowwatersailor said:

Dennis, the BCS is two bolts and nuts to attach the brush! Wish I had one.

Yeah, I've been silly looking elsewhere when I could fix what little is wrong with the BCS rotary brush.  But, that 10 hp ACME is miserable about starting in the cold!  Just about have to keep it warm, start it and THEN take it outside!

Then again if BCS had this kind of forum, with this group of guys to help...

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor
3 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

Yeah, I've been silly looking elsewhere when I could fix what little is wrong with the BCS rotary brush.  But, that 10 hp ACME is miserable about starting in the cold!  Just about have to keep it warm, start it and THEN take it outside!

Then again if BCS had this kind of forum, with this group of guys to help...

Try this company for options for your BCS.

http://www.earthtoolsbcs.com/html/replacement_engines.html

DennisThornton
5 minutes ago, shallowwatersailor said:

Try this company for options for your BCS.

http://www.earthtoolsbcs.com/html/replacement_engines.html

Oh my goodness yes!  They have been a BIG boon for BCS for a long time!  But if only there was a forum like this for BCS.... You know, BCS is a largely overlooked and underappreciated brand or 2 wheeled tractors and attachments!

Retired Wrencher

benji756  Look like you are ready for what ever comes your way. Hope fully it not to bad of a winter just enough to get some seat time.

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

Good looking snow crew...keep that white stuff up north lol. Haven't got my tractor put back together yet so if we get any it's gonna be my back and a shovel lol