cdr_warsstar

Winter Prep Already?

cdr_warsstar

Yep, I figured that since the 312-8 isn't able to be used for mowing grass (PTO belt decided to let go and wrap itself around the deck drive pulley. I decided that since I had the Raider working, I really didn't need to address that right away.), I'd get the snowblower on while I had some free time. It went on pretty well considering I've never done this before. I just need to get a longer eyebolt for the lift assist spring, and a new front tire.

I also addressed a loose seat. I found a free Snapper seat a few years ago and put it on, but it worked itself loose. Since the front bolts didn't line up, I just added a strip of metal to hold the front in place. It should do until I can get a better seat.

So now I just need to get the chains on, and some weight on the rear.

fJBBtdn.jpg

rK3HG3h.jpg

HyaQnB5.jpg

K3tmxQw.jpg

• Like 5

SylvanLakeWH

:banana-skier:

• Like 1

DougC

I have the same 1978 single stage short chute snow thrower on my old '88 520H I just use for snow drifts. I like the height adjustment lever and wheels and the way the short chute throwers spread out the snow. My '95 520H with cab and dozer blade is my main snow removal machine on my long gravel access road. :)

• Like 2

muz123

Today I put my dual stage on my 1996 520-H. I did this because I have other 520's to mow with and it's just a pain to put on later lol. I just need chains now. 

IMG_0644.JPGIMG_0645.JPG

• Like 5

Wishin4a416

Its right around the corner.

• Like 1

JAinVA

The 416h is to be my main blower tractor.I have had the single stage short chute on it for a month now.I have a lift flag on the 416-8 just in case.When the snow needs to be moved you can't afford down time.I think I'm ready for snow.I got the Big Ugly 520h for woodhauling and the 416-8 is hooked to the leaf harvester.When  the missus gives me the go ahead the garden gets tilled with the c101.

She gets to see how these machines get used year round so she gives me no grief about any of them.Just saying.JAinVA

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 4

Elkskin's mower junkyard

i am getting ready long list of things to do.

Retired Wrencher

Where in the heck did the summer go? Went by to fast. cdr_warsstar.    That should work out for you. Nothing like blowing snow.

Edited by T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER.