Cadmandu

05-37SC01 37 inch 1989 deck

Cadmandu

Hi All,

I am in the middle of a restoration job on the above deck. If you look at the four years 86-89 they all have a flat idler pulley on the right side mine has all V pulleys on deck and on the mule drive needing the six sided belt. My mower is a 312-8 1989 21-12K806. Any ideas

Thanks

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

gwest_ca

The online parts lists all come from Toro and they don't have it correct. They seem to use the parts list for the 05-37SC02 for both models. The original parts list is correct

Some owners have changed the pulleys to use the later standard belt.

Garry

Cadmandu

Thanks Garry,

Are you saying that I can put a flat pulley on the deck and another flat pulley on the mule then use a cheaper belt?

I just bought two Stens V pulleys 280-287 to replace my idlers. I had to press out the two bushings and install them in both Stens. They are two dia bushings the larger is a stand off boss. If I buy a flat pulley using the 02 deck p/n will it come with the stand off bushing. Or maybe Stens has a replacement.

Thanks for your help

Don1977

According to PartsTree 92-7103 replaces 104974. Both V-pulleys are the same.

Cadmandu

Thanks, I wonder why they never come with the bushing? It take a 5 ton hydraulic press to get them out of the worn pulleys. Can you buy new bushing somewhere they are metric for some unknown raeson

gwest_ca

I see now what has happened. At Partstree there are 2 item #'s 44. One for a flat idler and one for a V idler. That is the problem with shared manuals online. They have not identified what fits what.

There are bushings available to fit the metric ID of the 6203 bearings with common bushing IDs to fit the inch mounting bolts. Many suppliers have gone this route to cut inventory. They have one pulley and numerous bushings to accommodate a variety of applications. These pulleys as a rule are riveted together making bearing replacement easy for us.

Can see why they went to flat idlers and a simple belt. But on the 60" decks they went the other way - 4-sided to 6-sided. Why?

Bushings

http://www.princessauto.com/en/search?Dy=1&Nty=1&Ntt=17+mm+Bushings

They want you to use 2 bushings and I did that just once and realized there is no way to remove them. Now I just use one and add a heavy flat washer on the other side against the inner race under the bolt head.

Garry

Don1977

Most bearings are now metric and the mule drive shaft is 3/4".  My guess is that the metric bearings were cheaper so they just used a larger metric bearing and pressed in a bushing.

Cadmandu

Great bushing site thanks. I think they used the off set bushing to get the V high enough off the deck to line up with the v in the spindle pulleys. But that could have been done with SKF inch bearings as well. The bushing is .812 x 1/2 and then .669 x .485 for the press fit in the bearing. The over all length is .984 with a .376 ID bore. I will model this in ProE and detail it and get a PDF output on Monday.

Cadmandu

Does anybody have a picture of a WH new factory paint of a 37" deck 05-37sc01/

What color are the 4 pulleys

What color are the straps that mount the rear wheels ect ect

Thanks